Chapter 27

Fuck

Fuck.

I've been trying to track Valentina for the past 24 hours and received no luck so far.

I was stupid enough to go out without any backup. All of this could've been avoided If I brought my men with me. As soon as Valentina left the restaurant, I sent Ivan to follow her while I handled the rest of Giavanni's men.

God they were a piece of work.

Unfortunately, those idiots who got Valentina drove away just in time before Ivan and I could get the chance to track their location.

I didn't understand why they took her and not me. Giavanni wants to end my life, what does that have to do with Valentina?

"Adrian,"

I look up and see Valentina's mother, calling my name.

"What do you want,"

"There must be something you could do! At least try harder, there's no way you can let go of her like that. I don't want to lose my daughter again..." she says, tears appearing in her eyes. She leans over and grab some tissue before wiping them away.

I chuckled at her statement.

"You're the one who left her in the first place. You don't get to start acting like a mother to her now," I say sternly.

The last thing I need right now is seeing her attempt to act like she cares about Valentina.

"I have my reasons, Adrian. I just need some time to explain everything to her. I never meant to hurt Valentina and her father," she says softly. Her eyes blurry with more tears running down her face.

"And what if we get Valentina back, are you going back to Giavanni?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"If I don't he'll cause some serious damage... he'll hurt her Adrian, please....find her as soon as you can,"

"Don't you think the damage is already done?" I deadpan.

I have better things to do than sit here and watch this woman explain herself. Fuck I'm going insane at the fact I that I have no clue whatsoever on Valentina's whereabouts.

I treated Valentina like absolute shit, illl admit that.

My hatred for her just serves as an evasion of my true feelings.

Whenever I think about her, my heart beat picks up abnormally fast. Valentina never noticed but every time I look at her, I can't help but smile like a creep.

What the fuck does that say about me?

I'm mad that she has such an affect on me, it's driving me nuts.

Never in a million years did I imagine this to happen. I'm all honesty, I was hoping to use her as leverage to get what I wanted, but a part of me just wanted her presence around.