𝗙𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗗𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗥

FATHER AND DAUGHTER
"𝖨 𝖽𝗂𝖽𝗇'𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝖺 𝗀𝗂𝖿𝗍. 𝖨 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗉𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗒𝗈𝗎."

—IT TOOK A WEEK AND A HALF FOR THE INNER-CIRCLE AND TOM TO FINALLY FINISH THEIR MISSION AND COME BACK HOME

IT TOOK A WEEK AND A HALF FOR THE INNER-CIRCLE AND TOM TO FINALLY FINISH THEIR MISSION AND COME BACK HOME. Tom, who had been feeling guilty for days, immediately walked to his daughter's room. He knocked on her bedroom door and opened it when she said, "Come in."

Alexandria was on her bed, reading. Nagini was curled up around her.

This wasn't a surprising sight.

When Alexandria looked up from the book in her hands, she immediately glared at Tom, who was looking as guilty as he was feeling. "Lex, I apologize for taking way longer than I told you I would."

"That's it?" She scoffed.

Tom raised an eyebrow. "You're not forgiving me?"

"Of course not. I have school in a few days and you weren't home at all."

"Not even if I told you that I brought something for you?"

She became quiet, still glaring at him, but this time in suspicion.

Tom pulled out a box under his coat as he sat down on the edge of her bed. "Happy Yule."

"I didn't want a gift. I just wanted to spend some time with you." She mumbled, starting to open it.

"I know, Lex. I promise I tried to finish the mission earlier, but I couldn't. They were somehow too powerful."

She ignored him. Her eyes widened with awe when she finished opening the box.

It was a bracelet.

Not just a normal bracelet, though.

It had diamonds all around it and a few charms on it. The charms were— a snake, a dagger, and a crown.

"Father, this.. this is too much."

Tom chuckled, helping her with putting it on. "I really am sorry for missing out this Yule." He said, sincerity evident in his voice.

"It's alright. Padfoot and Moony played quidditch with me."

"Remus played quidditch?" asked Tom in disbelief, a small smile tugging his lips when her eyes lightened up.

"You should've seen it! Never had I seen a worse seeker!"

He laughed, pulling her into a side-hug. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. There's a reason I've never tortured those two." He mumbled the last part, making his daughter burst out laughing.

"Father!"

"What? It's not like I'm going to admit that I like them or something."

She gave him a knowing look, making him roll his eyes fondly.

"Fine. I might not dislike them, but that's it." He admitted, making her grin widely.

"I knew it."