Arc 3.29 Xiao Yao

Arc 3.29 Xiao Yao

Standing on top of the mountains, Xiao Yao and Xu Xin stood side by side.

It had been 2 years, and Xiao Yao and Xu Xin had traveled to countless tombs hoping to find a way to break his curse.

Two years of searching but finding nothing.

Every time they came out of a tomb empty-handed, Xiao Yao would always feel bad for Xu Xin who was always hoping.

He journeyed with the other, he was beside him for the past two years forgetting his responsibility as the Young Master of the Xiao family just to go on an adventure with this guy.

He thought that by journeying for so long, Xu Xin must be lonely, he thought that he would need a partner in crime during a tomb raid.

Anyway, he was worried that if he left Xu Xin alone, he might wallow in his sadness so he went together with him to cheer him up.

Looking at the mountain view, Xiao Yao secretly looks at Xu Xin, studying his face.

The two just went out of a tomb, they were both covered in soot and mud after running and tumbling away from the zombies and other dangers inside the tomb.

Xiao Yao almost lost his life when he saved Xu Xin. 

Luckily, he was the luckiest and strongest man alive who had the System as a cheat or else he would have died two years ago when he risked his life for Xu Xin at every juncture.

"Yao..." Xu Xin started.

He bit his lips, he was hesitant and felt pain in his heart when he opened his mouth.

He looked at Xiao Yao with reluctance, his eyes filled with sadness but his mind already made up.

Xiao Yao looked at the hesitant child, he smiled gently.

"I know."

These were the only words Xiao Yao said but it beat Xu Xin's heart harder than one might expect.

"It's been two years."

"Two years of friendship and camaraderie, it's a great two years of my life."

"In my long life, I never thought that I would find a soulmate who can understand me."

"Billions of people in this world, glad we had met each other."

"But Yao, two years of risking your life for me is enough. You lived this two years for me, now, I want you to live it for yourself."

Xu Xin turned his back on Xiao Yao unable to face him.

Xiao Yao bit his lips, he sighed in resignation.

"I chose to be by your side for those two years, it was my own volition. And risking my life to save you, is my own choice."

"But, I don't want you to save me."

Xu Xin faced Xiao Yao, his eyes filled with complicated emotions.

But for the first time, a hint of sadness was drawn on his handsome face showing what he truly felt.

Xiao Yao looked him in the eye, he knew in his heart what the other wanted.

"Will you be fine... You know, without me?"

Xu Xin laughed, heartbreakingly.

"Without you, I had always been fine."

"I know."

Xiao Yao stood on his spot as he watched Xu Xin walk heavy steps away from him, continuing his very long journey once more.