Chapter 10

Eternal

.•*•.X.•*•.

     "Your destiny awaits you" He says. Standing up from the chair the man goes towards the door. I look as shocked as I can be at this man as he walks out the door. My feet frozen to the ground. But, then I find it in me to follow him. I walk towards the door and open it. "What are yo-..." I begin to speak. Going outside into the world, I cannot see anyone. Once again in shock and surprise I look around, and yet I cannot see anyone. I walk around the house to find him and I look everywhere, but this man has not been seen anywhere.

That should not happen. N0 one can simply disappear like that. If he were to walk into the forest and go somewhere, I would be able to see him. And no one is able to disappear like that. Or, at least I am confident that it is not normal for people to do that. My eyes are everywhere, searching for this man that somehow disappeared and I cannot see him. I cannot understand any of it. His words still echoing inside my head, never wanting to leave it appears.

I stand there in utter confusion. That man showed up out of nowhere and disappeared in the same manner. With a lot on my mind I can back inside the house. I cannot stop thinking of what he said. I do not know what destiny means, but clearly it seems to mean a lot. Why? And why am I this special? Before this man came I had many questions of many things. It would appear that now I have even more questions that I need answers for. With this frustration growing inside me, I continue to clean the house and pick off where I had been interrupted before.

⊱.•*•.⊰

Caelestinus returns just before supper. Once he enters the house I see the smile of joy on his face. I raise an eyebrow. "I have something for you" He says and gives me a small smirk. But, there is happiness in it. "What is it?" I ask him. He walks over to me and hands me a small box. It's so small that it would fit in my palm. I pick it up. The box is so light that it feels as if though there does not contain anything inside it at all.

I look up at him again to see the excitement on his face. Slowly I am getting better at seeing what people feel based on their faces. At least Caelestinus' face. Since he's the only one that I've been around, except for that man that came earlier, but that is not what I wish to think nor even speak of. That man is gone from my mind and his words as well. "Open it" He says to me, rather quickly. With a nod I left the lid off the box and look inside. Inside there is a single stone.

It's small in size, but it's fairly beautiful. The stone is this deep purple shade. Once again I look at Caelestinus. Even more confused. "What is this?" I ask him. He chuckles. Picking up the stone from the box he plays with it with his hands. "Well, this is what is called a Witch's ancestry. When a Witch turns a certain age a ceremony is preformed and a drop of her blood is dripped onto a stone like this, where all the Witches that came before her have done. The stone collecting magic for centuries. Coloring it with beauty. They say gifting it to a young beauty will give her fortune and grace" He says to me.

All I can do is stare at this stone. It has this pull to it, I can feel it within me. If this is used by Witches then I understand why I would feel that. The only thing is that I feel pain coming from the stone itself. As if this is not something that is good but something bad and that feeling doesn't end. "Here" He says and hands me the stone. As soon as I have it in my hands I let out a gasp. Feeling this dark energy flow through the stone itself.

I stare at it. The color I do not think is supposed to represent beauty, but I feel like it is supposed to be death. There are so many feelings of death in this stone. It is everywhere inside there, and it wants to break out into the world. It pains me inside my chest to even hold this stone in my hand. I quickly set it down on the table and look back at him. He eyes me carefully as if asking me if I were all right.