𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐏 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐇

Lisa Marie.
Jacksons' Residency.
21:12

Sshhhsss! Shhhh!

I continued to slide the butter across the skillet as it crackled and popped from the heat of the stove before placing the raw fish in the skillet.

Momentarily, the front door opened as a familiar voice echoed, "I'm home."

My response was a settled sigh as I continued focusing on the fish I was making. Stubbornness seemed to confide with me as I wasn't ready to talk to Michael after our argument at the hospital. My heart dwelled on the words, but it pained me to know there was this rift happening.

Was it already there, or is it that we are starting to see something we denied for a long time?

I grabbed the scapula and flipped the fish the other way as Michael walks over and squeeze a little lemon juice on top of the fish.

"I know you are ignoring me, Lisa. You tend to do that when you hate confrontation," he answers.

I grumbled stubbornly, wishing that he would just go away, "I don't want to do this right now."

His arms met up with my waist before kissing the top of my head. "You have no choice, baby. We seriously need to talk, and it's best if I go first," he mumbles into my ear.

I lowered the fire to let the fish simmer in the heat before squirming in his grasp to face him. His warm, almond eyes stared down at me as I rest my head on his chest.

I hated the idea of him being gone from my life. His warmth was too familiar to my liking, but idea of knowing a lot of things were wrong with us left my chest aching, and I was tired of ignoring it.

His initial reaction was to tighten his grasp around me before asking solemnly, "Did you...did you mean what you said at the hospital? About...not being happy with our marriage?" Instantly, I could hear the painful strain in the back of his throat as I look up at him.

"I hate myself for saying it, but I can't deny the own self-wounds this marriage is leaving me with. Michael, I can't do this anymore where I feel as though I'm competing for your affection."

He sighs before cupping my face hastily, "That's what I don't understand! Baby, don't you love when we make love? And I try to get you a lot of nice presents and everything. What has gotten into you?" I turn my head slightly out of guilt before I begin explaining,

"Because you can't keep me satisfied with sex and presents. I want you, and not like that, but to be with you. Why do you think we don't have kids right now, Michael?! Because I can't imagine the idea of caring for a baby while you're gone all of the time! It hurts me so much, imagine our child always wondering where Daddy is going to be? Yes, call me spoiled, a brat, a narcissistic bitch as you please. I don't care about the money or anything. I just want to know that somewhere in your heart you can see me, us, our future as your life, not your work. Not little Susie with a booboo, not your interns! At times, I feel as though every moment of my life is to worry about you and to make you happy to the point where I hide my feelings and emotions."

Michael frowns for a moment before looking away in thought for a second. He seemed to be contemplating the right words before answering sympathetically, "I'm sorry I make you feel this way."