chapter 21 - communication

Ember was awoken to blaring music, she groaned before grabbing a pillow to the side of her and covering her head with it. She heard a muffled, "Heyy that was mine!" And she swore she stopped breathing because the last thing she remembered was falling asleep outside the common room. And it wasn't any of the girls, because it was definitely a male voice. 

And whoever it was had morning voice and it sounded, well hot. 

Ember just realized that there was an arm draped around her waist. She hated the way that it felt, probably because whoever's hand it was drawing shapes on her stomach, and it was giving her unwanted butterflies. 

James however, did know who was in bed next to him. Being able to touch her and have her not run away, made him realize how much he needed her. Because during those 3 weeks he felt a void in his heart and he couldn't quite figure out what it was. But now as Ember stole his pillow from him, he realized that it was Ember. He realized he had always found an excuse to touch her. Not in an inappropriate or sexual way, just small intimacy, brushing his hand against hers, grabbing her arm while running through the corridors, playing with her hair when she fell asleep in History of Magic, wrapping his arm around her waist as she tripped, throwing his arm over her shoulder when they patrolled the halls together

James had enough of Ember pretending he wasn't there so he grabbed the pillow, cupped her face, and turned her towards him. Once he saw her check him out, a smirk came to his face as he spoke, "Like what you see Scorchie?" He got up from the bed, removing his arm from Ember's torso, before stretching out his sore muscles. 

Ember didn't respond and chose instead to watch him in pure lust, she had no idea what was wrong with her. The only thing that crossed her mind was, I want him to fuck me. She continued to stare at his abs and his back, watching him pull on a shirt, desperately wanting him to storm over, climb on top of her, pin her arms above her head...

okay Ember, get some ice cold water

James turned around to find a fully clothed Ember, lying on his bed with a pillow covering her face. He chuckled deeply, making Ember groan into the pillow. "So Ember, are you breathing okay?"

Ember groaned once more, before moving one hand off of the pillow to flip him off. James stalked over to her, grabbing her wrist and using her hand as a microphone to sing Somebody to Love by Queen. He yanked her up of the bed, continuing to use her hand as a microphone.

Ember just looked at him, large smile taking over her face as he continued to look into her eyes, singing "I have spent all my years believing in you." She then realized the words, and the song he was singing, and her large smile quickly turned into a staight line. She began to struggle in his grip, as his grip got stronger, his singing died down, and his smile turned to a grim expression. 

He gritted out, "Ember." She continued to struggle in his grip. "Ember." She refused to look at him. He let go of her wrist, instead putting his hands on her waist, "EMBER BLOODY HELL JUST LOOK AT ME." She slowly turned her head in his direction, her amber eyes meeting his brown ones.

He looked at her, concern showing in his eyes. "Ember, i'm begging you. Please tell me what's wrong. Why do you keep running away?" At his question, she looked down, the floor suddenly becoming the most interesting thing in the world.

She didn't want to answer the question. Because that would mean all of her memories would have to resurface. The reason why she couldn't stay. The reason she had trust issues. The reason why she never opened up.

James kneeled down, his hands sliding down her thighs, causing a shudder to go through her body. "Love, I know I said i'd wait forever. But I don't think I can physically or mentally take it anymore. You just keep breaking my heart over and over and over again. And I know you don't mean it, but when you turn me down, I can't take it, because i'm putting my heart out on the line for you, and you treat my feelings like they don't matter. When you run away from me, i can't take it, because you treat me, whether you know it or not, you treat me like I will never be anything to you. And that's all I ever wanted. To be something to you. You always came above everything. Quidditch, the boys, my grades, everything. I did everything for you. And it's still not enough. And now, when we were having a moment, its like something inside you snaps, and you become distant again. Ember, i'm on my knees. I begging you to let me in, please." His voice cracked at the last word, tears now openly streaming down his face.

And as James shared the shards of his heart to her, Ember's broke to match his. It shattered into an infinite amount of pieces. Ones that only James Fleamont Potter would ever have the ability to piece back together. And as her heart shattered, a broken sob escaped her throat, her knees giving out as she kneeled right next to James. Both of their hearts broken and battered.

Ember's sobs finally calmed down to a point where she could actually speak. "James, i'm sorry. And i'm not going to spill my whole life story to you. But in case you couldn't figure out, I have a few things that scare me in a relationship. And i've already let you in so much. And I know you don't think it's a lot. But it is to me. And i'm trying so hard to not fall for you. Because when I do that, that means I have to actually let you in. And I don't think I could watch someone else that's so important to me leave again. My mom doesn't talk to me, I never knew my dad, and now you are gonna leave me too. Because-" Ember never did get to finish her sentence. Because before she had the chance, James pulled her on top of him, wrapping his arms tightly around her. As if he was assuring her that he would never let go.

a/n - hey guys! how life, are any of you guys done with school yet?