NORMALITY

S T E V I E P O V

All I want to do is forget what happened and get back to normal, but Dominic insisted I talk to Sunny about my captors.

Stood in the lounge with Dominic staring at me, like I'm being judged, waiting for me to talk to Sunny. But I just want to have a shower and get into bed to relax my trembling body.

Shake my head as my eyes trailed to the floor, and I speak, not even glancing at anyone. "They were wearing masks and spoke with a strong American accent," "Stevie, did they say anything about why they did this?" Sunny asked. 

Stepped over to the sofa to sit and take a deep breath, "The guy never gave a reason. But he talked like he knew Dominic, telling me how he'd done this before. He brushed his fingers over my cheek, saying how Dominic is lucky to have a beautiful wife." Dominic stands not looking too pleased with what I said, and paced the room, rubbing his face.

Sunny shakes his head. "Stevie, was he wearing gloves?" "No. None of them wore gloves, just masks," I said and glanced over at Dominic, who is now staring at me as he runs his fingers through his hair. "He might have left DNA," Sunny said, and nods to one of the bodyguards. "He held my wrist tight when he got angry about Dominic not having the money. He was going to cut my fingers until Dominic pleaded," "We'll take swabs," Sunny replies. 

Dominic sits beside me, placing his hand on mine, "Stevie, he had no right to even lay a finger on you. Baby, all I want to do is get this bastard for what he did to you," Strained a smile at what Dominic said and stare at our hands. 

Closed my eyes for a split second, and when I opened them Dominic had a strange glint in his eyes. "Dominic, please be careful. These guys have guns and will not think twice about hurting you. They showed how far they are willing to go," I paused to stare into his eyes, "I just want to have a shower and get into bed," "I know," He said moving my hair from my neck to kiss. 

A few minutes later Sunny took swabs and leaves, "Stevie, I'll run a bath for you," Dominic's sweet voice is low and he disappears into the bedroom. 

Stand and take a deep breath before entering the bedroom, "Just want to forget." I mumbled under my breath as I opened the door to be face to face with Dominic. "Stevie, I love you," His lips press softly on mine, "I love you," I whispered. 

Stepped into the bathroom to undress and slide into the hot water to relax my trembling body. Dominic kneels to lean on the edge of the bath, "Baby, I'm sorry you went through so much." Strained a smile and touched his cheek with my wet hand. "It's over and they got what they wanted," I said, taking my hand from his cheek.

He shakes his head, "Stevie, the money means nothing to me, it was you I was desperate to save. Baby, I know we've only known each other for a short while and we are still learning about ourselves. But I love you and you are my life," His tears fall and we both sobbed as we embraced. 

****  

Slide into bed, my body still trembling with fear and too afraid to close my eyes.

Awake staring into the darkness of the room with my mind driving me crazy, and the captor's voice playing over and over.

Just want it to stop so I can relax and get some sleep, but I can't.

Peered over my shoulder at Dominic, sound asleep, as I sit on the edge of the bed. Placed my face in my hands shaking my head, "Babe," Dominic said, placing his warm hand on my shoulder. "I can't sleep," My voice trembled as I stand and he switches the lamp on.

Dominic rests on his elbow, watching me as I stepped over to the window. "Stevie, I'm here for you." He slides from the bed, taking me in his arms. "They should have taken me, not you." All I can hear in Dominic's voice is sorrow. 

He takes a deep breath and pulls me towards the bed so I can sit on his lap.

Gazes into my eyes and his lips move, "I waited by the phone for them to call to tell me you were all right. I just wanted to hear your voice to make sure they didn't hurt you. I was going out of my mind not knowing who took you and where you were." His voice is soft, filled with love, but at the same time filled with fear. 

Glanced at my clasped hands on my lap before the sound leaves my mouth, "I'm scared to close my eyes, and I want it to stop." My voice still trembled and tears fell. 

Dominic wraps his arms tight around my frame, "Baby," His whisper trembled too. 

He lifts me into his loving arms, not letting me go as we laid in the bed. "Dominic, when are we leaving to return home?" "When the FBI, say we can." He replies, kissing the crook of my neck. 

My eyes close for a short while, and when they flicker open, the room is lit up with daylight, and I'm in Dominic's embrace.

Moved from his embrace to rise when he pulls tighter, not letting me leave the bed, "Stevie, I love you." The sweetness from his tone is gentle as he kissed me.

We showered and dressed ready for whatever the day brought our way. But I just want to return home.

****     

Rested on the sofa while Dominic is talking to Sunny about last night's events. Reached my trembling hand to grab my cup from the table, and I dropped it. 

Dominic rushes towards me, "Stevie, you need to be resting," "I'm fine, I just misjudged and knocked the cup over," I said as I buried my face into my shaky hands. 

Can't stop the trembles in my body, and I'm a wreck on the inside, full of fear. Dominic, takes my hands from my face and our eyes lock, "Stevie, I can feel you trembling," Closed my eyes as I take a deep breath and answered him, "I'm scared. I'm so scared." He wraps his arms around me, placing one hand on the side of my head.

Rested my head on his chest, listening to his heart, "Stevie, I will help you get through this, I promise." His soft voice is barely a whisper. "Dominic, hold me tight," His arms tighten and kisses the top of my head. "Baby, I promise," He adds and tightens his arms around me.

I realise I'm safe in his arms, but when he's not close to me, I have dread fills me on the inside. "I love you," I said, closing my eyes for a few minutes as his embrace tightens more.

Why am I this way? When I know Dominic is by my side, plus the bodyguards are always nearby. Take a deep breath, and Dominic cups my cheeks as he smiles, "I love you, baby." He replies, and his lips touch mine. 

Most of the day, we curled up on the sofa watching TV and waiting for the FBI to give us the all-clear to return home.

The police and the FBI kept our marriage out of the tabloids, so we are still living a secret. "Dominic, how did the guy find out we were married?" I said and tilt my body to stare at him. 

He shakes his head and his eyes change shape, "No one knows apart from who was there and the people who helped me pull the surprise wedding." He stands slides one hand in his trouser pocket. "Not even any of my associates know about us being married," He adds and I watch him pace the room lost in thought.

Curled my legs under me as I gazed at Dominic, overthinking as I opened my mouth. "When he talked to you, he called me your wife," I said, and he stopped and turned to face me with his eyes locked on mine. "Stevie, I need to check everyone who signed a disclosure, for our wedding. It's got to be one of them?" He leans into me for a kiss and peers towards Sunny as he lifts his head.

Sunny nods and leaves with two other bodyguards, "We will find who it is. And when we do, they will not like who I am," Dominic is scaring me with his tone. It's sinister, and as I listened to him, he meant every word he said. Even the expression changed.

**********

THANK YOU FOR READING

WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS