Thanksgiving | BONUS

this is my comfort story... i come back to it every now and then. thank you for all of the support xo ❤️ also, yes, this is a bit late...

*Ace and Harley were 3 when this took place*

"Aww, you guys look so cute! Come on, look at the camera, Ace!" Killua exclaimed. "Come on, Ace, look at the turkey!" Gon was shaking a stuffed turkey behind Killua, trying to get their attention.

"This is so disappointing... Why are the children dressed up as animals that you guys are going to eat? It's so apathetic." Illumi commented, running his fingers through his hair.

A few weeks ago Illumi stated that he wanted to go vegan. He felt bad about how millions of animals are being killed just for humans to eat them.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't want to eat animals because people kill them, but then you go and kill people for money..." Chrollo pitched in, holding a glass of wine in his hand.

Illumi turned his head to him, sneering. "You aren't even a part of this family, why are you here?"

"Okay, save the shit talk for tomorrow, today is a day for all of us to be together! The troupe is a part of the family, Illumi." I yelled from the kitchen.

Me, Feitan, Nobunaga, Phinks, Machi, and Kalluto were in the kitchen preparing the Thanksgiving dinner. Feitan and Nobunaga were in charge of the Turkey and mac and cheese, Phinks and Machi were in charge of the cornbread, pumpkin pie, and peach cobbler, and then Kalluto and I were in charge of the sides and drinks.

"Hisoka, can you lend me a hand with the sangria?" I asked. Hisoka was on the couch next to Illumi, whispering some stuff.

"Hisoka..." I called out again.

"HISOKA!"

Illumi and Hisoka both turned their heads towards me, wide-eyed. "I'll be back..." He whispered, quickly walking over towards me.

"Sorry, darling, I was just catching up with your brother, you know?" He cheekily grinned, picking up 2 jugs of sangria. I rolled my eyes carrying them to the table.

"What were you 2 gossiping about? And don't deny it, I saw the way you guys kept staring at Chrollo while talking." I walked back to the kitchen, picking up a platter of ham.

"Mm... Well, since you already know, I mine as well tell you." Hisoka pulled me to the side, looking around.

"Okay, so, Illumi was getting some wine when he first came in right? When he was getting it, he overhead Chrollo telling Shizuku that he was going to tell Alluka that he wants to adopt a brother for Nanika!" He whispered, his facial expressions changing every sentence.

"Shouldn't you guys be keeping that to yourself? I told both of you not to gossip tonight..." I sighed, crossing my arms.

"Darling, you have to understand that tonight is the best way to get all the information of what's going on! Also, Illumi doesn't know I noticed, but he's wearing a faja to make himself look skinnier, and I think he's also wearing a lace front..." Hisoka leaned towards my face, pointing at Illumi's waist.

I averted my gaze to Hisoka, touching his stomach. "You're acting like you're not wearing 2 corsets under your shirt..."

Hisoka laid a finger on my lips, staring at me in disbelief. "Don't say that out loud..."

I took his finger off of my lips, pushing him back towards the living room. "Go watch Harley and Ace, I have to finish setting up the dining table."

"So fiesty... Save that for later tonight~" He chuckled, winking. My cheeks heated up a bit. "Make sure the twins don't put anything in their mouth!"

Once Hisoka was back in the living room, I walked back to the kitchen where all of the food was already done.

"The turkey and mac and cheese looks amazing... The dessert too, you guys did amazing." I complimented, handing some of the food to Kalluto so he could place them on the table.

"This is a sign you should leave that circus clown. He can't cook a turkey and mac and cheese in under 4 hours, can he?" Feitan threw some shade, untying his apron.

I giggled at the remark, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Oh, Feitan, the only way I would leave that bisexual clown is if he died!" I joked.

"... Is this you telling me that it's okay if I killed him?"

Phinks and Nobunaga stared at Hisoka, shrugging their shoulders. "I wouldn't stop him if he did." Phinks chimed in.

"Dinner's ready everyone! Come sit down so we can start eating!" Kalluto exclaimed, placing the last plate of food on the table.

Everyone present in the house started making their way to the table. It took a few minutes for everyone to settle down but once we all did, we started going around and saying what we were thankful for.

"Okay, I guess I'll start since I'm the one hosting this..." I briefly chuckled, looking at everyone. "I'm thankful for everyone present in this room. I have my kids, my siblings, my niece and nephew, my close friends, and my husband... uh, thank you..."

A few seconds after I gave my speech, Killua sprang up from his chair with a big smile plastered on his face. "Okay, it's my turn! I'm thankful for my son, my siblings, my niece and nephew, and Gon for being my husband even though it's strictly platonic!"

Gon stood up, walking over to embrace Killua with Kite in his arms. "Oh, Killua! I'm thankful for you and Kite too! And yeah, I love our strictly platonic marriage!"

After they hugged in out for a few seconds and sat down, Chrollo stood up.

"Good evening, everyone. I am thankful for my wife, daughter, and everyone present here... Thank you."

Next was Machi.

"Okay, I'm thankful for the troupe and Shizuku for being my friend with benefits."

And then Feitan took the spotlight.

"I'm thankful for the troupe for being my family and that one time a few years ago when I got to tattoo a spider onto Y/N's ass. What I am not thankful for is her husband."

Hisoka glared at Feitan, standing up.

"Okay, sit down, you y2k emo boy. I am thankful for my beautiful wife and children. I am also thankful for the fact that I threw her over my shoulder and carried her in the Hunter Exam, because if I didn't she probably would've been dead and then I would've married her hot brother."

Everyone stared at Hisoka for a few seconds, judging him in their mind.

"Okay, haha, let's all start eating before the food gets cold, shall we?" I nervously chuckled, picking up my fork and knife to cut the turkey.

Everyone agreed and started digging into the platters of the food that were set before them.

This is a mess of a family, but it was comforting. I was surrounded by my blood and loved ones. Even though we went through a lot of shit together, they were the people I loved most in the world.