That Night

The Monitor emerged from a portal, and had set foot outside the cold and dark night that Central City had. He walked to the front of STAR Labs and called Barry for a certain crisis. Everyone knew what would happen to the mentioned speedster, so they said their last goodbyes.

Barry walked to Iris so that he could give his proper parting. He got close and went for a kiss, and Iris also followed his movements and headed for the kiss. This time Barry felt something different, it wasn't the spark that he felt before, he didn't even find it. Which was a little normal for him these past months.

Joe grabbed his son and gave him the last goodbye we would say to him. Barry followed with a hug and talked to Joe.

Barry
Thank you for being the best dad I could ever ask for

Joe
Thank you for being one of the best man I have ever raised

They parted ways and left two special persons for the speedster.

Cisco went and gave the strongest hug he had ever given, because he was saying goodbye to his best friend, or what he thought of him already, as family.

Caitlin followed the dark long hair Latino, and said.

Caitlin
This is a group hug isn't it

Barry
Yes it is

Then the trio hugged each other for the last time, then there was a long pause of silence, they stopped hugging and looked at each other.

Caitlin
I don't want to say goodbye

Barry
(whispering) Cait, Cisco

You two were the first persons I opened my eyes as The Flash, and I wouldn't be here, if I haven't met both of you

So I am in great thanks for having you two as my best friends

Cisco
Hey, we are never going to forget what you did for the both of us................ You changed our lives for the best......so we are thanking you for that.

Barry
Hey, don't do anything stupid till I come back

Cisco
How come, you're taking all the stupid with you

The hero looked one last time at his family and smiled, a genuine smile after all he has been through. Then the speedster went and passed the portal.

---------
There was a group of scientists from Mercury Labs

Caitlin
¡Barry!

Well, apparently this Barry was in a not that suitable state, from what he looked from the outside. His cowl was broken in half, as well his emblem. The suit had parts ripped, like a monster would have eaten it. And his boots were all destroyed, it gave the impression that he was running at superhuman speeds barefoot.

Caitlin
Get him to the Lab...... NOW

Caitlin grabbed him and took his all beaten up body to the lab, then they entered the Med Bay and laid Barry on the bed.

Caitlin got serious and went full doctor mode, she was connecting everything she needed to help her figure out the condition in which was the speedster, after doing all of that she saw that his vitals were stable and gave a big sigh.

She understood that he needed time to recover from whatever Barry went through.

Caitlin
What happened to you
why all of a sudden you appeared out of knower
 being all messed up and with a new suit?

Then there was a sudden movement from the bed, Barry had woken up and raised up from his place quite fast (but in human speed).

Barry
Where am I?

What is this place?

Aaaaaaaagh

Its soooooo loooooouuuuud

Ahhhhhhhhhh

Then what Caitlin thought was Barry, he was starting to vibrate at a very high speed, it almost looked like he would phase, but he didn't.

Then he grabbed her by the neck and said these words in a very menacing way.

Barry
Who are you?

Caitlin
What's wrong with you?
I'm Caitlin, your best friend!

Barry
Ahhhhhhhh

Who am I ?

Aaaaaaarrggghhhhhhh

He then started to normalize, stopping the phasing, and the weird voice he had.

Caitlin
Barry?
Are you ok ?

Barry
Cait?