Mission 61: Call me Dekugou

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~~NemurePOV/20 minutes ago~~~~~~~

"Bloodstalker, take out Swordkil I got Daigo." I ordered as I readied myself for the coming fight.

 " Kaaaaaay! Wait which one is Swordkil?!" I sighed as I answered her 

"The smaller one." she gave me a pout an annoyed look "Why do I get the small one?"

"Because its more your style than mine, besides you won't be able to do much to Daigo once he activates his quirk with those knives of yours." I said with a smirk as I place my hand on her shoulder as we sunk into the shadows.

We sped through the shadows moving into the vault and closer to our targets. Once we were close enough I launched Bloodstalker out of the shadows and onto Swordkil, while I lauched my wires out towards Daigo.

As expected of former members of Parabellum they both reacted quickly. Swordkill jumped back and activated his quick Blade arms, deploying his cone shaped swords from his arms. He blocked both of Bloodstalkers blades.

Daigo managed to block my wires from wrapping around his neck with his right arm. Which started to bulge and darken into a purplish color as he bulked up into an orge-like form. Yanking his arm, with his strength from his new form he pulled me out of the shadows. Launching me towards him, thinking fast I use Night Crawler to attack his face causing him to flinch.

Using this distraction, I unwrapped my wires from his arm as I wrapped the wires from my other glove around a nearby pillar changing my direction mid-air. Landing on my feet facing Daigo, as he pried Night Crawler off his face throwing him in a fit of rage. Looking around for the source of the attack he locked eyes with me.

"Nemure...... so then Alpha was the first to respond." he said as he glanced over towards Bloodstalker, who was exchanging blows with Swordkil while laughing. 

"I see you have a new member, are they any good?" he asked, I shrugged my shoulders while never taking my eyes off him.

"Not sure yet, this being her first mission and all. Although she was handpicked by Commander Midoriya." I replied 

"Impressive, must be very talented to be chosen by the commander himself. It is a shame that you will all die here. As a warrior I respect you and your team, especially Arclight. I wish we could have fought on the same side." said Daigo with a bit of sorrow in his voice. He had been one of the more honorable and loyal of soldiers. I was surprised to learn that he had betrayed Parabellum when his team had.

"It doesn't have to be this way Daigo..... you can still return to us. To Parabellum." 

"As much as I would like that, we both know Parabellum wouldn't forgive my team. Even more so now that, we helped with this attack. Besides, I can't abandon my team..... my family, even if it means I might die."

I nodded my head in understanding. While I was loyal to Parabellum and its cause, I would also probably betray them for my team who was more like a family or for Paradox who was like a father to me. So I could understand Daigo's choice to stand by his team, even if it would cost him his life.

"Then there is nothing left to talk about..... I'll make this as quick and painless as possible." 

I crouched down spreading my arms out to either side of me fingers curled forming a claw shape. We stared each other down for a few seconds waiting, watching each others movements for the slight bit of movement as Bloodstalker and Swordkil's battle raged on in the background.

I shot forward dashing as fast as I could straight towards him, Night Crawler in his mist form moving in tandem with me. Daigo in his orge form brings his arms above his head. Clasping them together he brings them down in an overhead smash, slamming the ground with a force that causes a large crater to form around him and sending a shockwave all around him.

('Sorry Daigo.... that won't work on me.') I thought as I along with Night Crawler slipped into shadows avoiding the shockwave meant to trip me up. Popping up just behind him, I kick the back of his knees as I wrap my wires around his torso, spinning around and using the momentum from the spin to flip him over me and slamming him onto the ground.

Not wanting to give him a chance to recover, I quickly wrap my hand with my wire forming a makeshift blade. I plunged my knife-hand into his chest barely getting past his thick chest muscle, but not deep enough to reach his organs. Daigo recovered enough that he grabbed my arm with one hand as he stopped the knife-hand with his other. 

Effectively stopping me from continuing my attack. 

"Good effort Sleeping Death...... just not good enough." He said with a smile as he had always enjoyed tough fights. He was about to say something else but suddenly spit out blood. He looked down at my hand embedded in his chest as he noticed a faint mist-like smoke coming from my hand.

"I..... see.... forgot...about.....Night..Crawler...... sorry.....about....everything..." he managed to say as his voice grew weaker and his body shrunk back into its original form, before his eyes grew dull and lifeless.

"I'm sorry too...... old friend." I whispered as I stood up off his body closing his still open eyes with my hand.

"HEY SLEEPY!!! YOU WANT TO SEE A DEAD BODY?!" yelled an excited Bloodstalker as she dragged over the corpse of Swordkil behind her. ('Looks like people aren't the only thing she knows how to kill.... there goes the mood.')

"Bloodstalker, have you cleared the rest of the area?" I asked as I rubbed the bridge of my nose annoyed by her attitude.

"Nope! was I suppose to?" she said with a smug look on her face.

As I was about to tell her off, a loud rhythmic thumping could be heard from outside the vaults. Whatever it was, it was big and it was moving towards us. Looking towards the doors and then back to Bloodstalker.

"Yes.... yes you were.... Now come on the fights not over yet." I said as we moved towards the door. Suddenly the comms came to life and we heard the commander give Arclight clearance to use his full strength.

I was amazed and worried, permission for Arclight to remove his limiter would only be granted in the most extreme of cases. Although I guess parabellums second most secure location being under attack would warrent as a extreme case. 

"Hey sleepy? what did Izu-baby's dad mean by that?" she asked tilting her head as we reached the doorway. Only to come to a sudden stop as I pulled her to the side as I saw what was waiting for us outside.

"I'll tell you later. For now we have to figure out how to deal with THAT." I said as I peeked around the corner looking at the 4th generation spider tank we called Big Boy as compared to its cousins the spider drones it dwarfed even the medium class ones.

"Do you think it sees us?" asked Bloodstalker as Big Boy's 125mm turret rotated away from us, however its quad mounted .50 cals pointed straight at us.

"Of course I do, you shitty extras. This is Parabellum tech after all, you of all people should know how advanced this shit is." called out a familiar voice that I couldn't quite place. Sending out Night Crawler I was able to get a good look at the one controlling Big Boy.

There standing atop of Big Boy, stood a ash-blond haired young man, one I knew very well as I have been one of the ones to look into his background some months ago. There standing what was once his hero outfit, was Katsuki Bakugou.

"I see you're finally showing your true colors Bakugou!" I yelled at the blond bastard

"Shut up shitty extra!! You don't know shit! I'M A FUCKING HERO AND ONCE I KILL THAT VILLIAN IZUKU, I'LL TAKE BACK EVERYTHING HE TOOK FROM ME! MY FUTURE! MY DESTINY! MY NAME! UNTIL THAT BASTARD IS DEAD YOU CAN CALL ME DEKUGOU!" he shouted as he started laughing like a lunatic 

"SPEAKING OF WHICH, I SEE HIM. I WONDER IF THIS CANNON CAN HIT HIM FROM HERE."

I yelled into my headset "IZUKU GET OUT OF THERE!" as the 125mm cannon went off.

A/N: Quick announcement, I have created a discord for those who wish to chat with me. Maybe get some early information on chapter updates, can give feedback to me directly on my works or even suggest your own. All in all I'd love to have more conversations with you all and I hope you'll join me. Its called Solo's Stories, if you can't find it send me a message with your discord and I'll send an invite. As always thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!