~PROLOGUE~

*•*•*•I lost the battle, and the war•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

"So are you there yet?" My best friend asks me as I walk through the gates of my new school.

"Yeah. This place is fucking huge." I say walking through the gravelly pathway to the... you know what I don't know where the hell I'm going so I can't really tell where this gravelly pathway leads me to. When I got out of the cab there was a guard at the gates of the school. I asked him where the main office was and he told me to walk straight and I would see it. I can see a lot of buildings, but how the fuck am I supposed to know were the main office is. "And I'm already lost that's just fan-fucking-tastic." She laughs at me and speaks.

"Yeah that will happen at a new school you know people get lost all the time."

"I have never changed schools in my life I have always gone to the same school."

"Think of it like this, it's all your fault for being a trouble maker." I roll my eyes at her even though she can't see me and sit down on a bench.

"You're blaming me?"

"Madd's I love you with my whole heart, but you need th-" She stops talking and I furrowed my eyebrows. I hear a voice in the background that I immediately recognize as her brother's. "Look babe I gotta go, dad is grilling and he needs my help."

"Okay talk more later, say hi to your dad for me please."

"Will do. Talk to you later." We hang up and I stand up to start looking for somebody to ask directions to. My phone rings and I see that it's Natasha.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I was just wondering if you got there yet."

"I did."

"That's good that's good, I'm glad you're safe."

"Are you though?"

"Why would you even ask that? Of course I'm glad you're safe."

"I'm not safe though, I'm in whole different state with none of my friends or family, this is not my home Nat. This is hell. I left everything behind just because you decided to send me here, because you thought this was what was best for me. News flash Nat it's not." I yell at her through the phone not caring that there're people staring at me.

"Maddie, you may not see it now but it is what's best for you, and that's all I want for you."

"Yeah that's your opinion. I have to go, I still need to meet with the headmaster and get my schedule and all of that shit." I say hanging up the phone. I throw my phone in my bag and start walking towards what I hope is the main office.

...

I'm currently sitting in the world's most uncomfortable chair, in the hottest main office ever, looking at a weird middle aged woman. She has one green eye and the other is blue... how does that even happen? Anyways, when am I going to get the fuck out of here? I want to take a nap already.

You're probably wondering where the hell I am, and why the I'm here. Well, for that we have to go back two and a half weeks ago, so let me hit you with a flashback real quick.