Time

Vikram

I sat in my bed before sleeping, thinking about the day and smiled. I had let myself be more free than I usually do. I did things instinctly on what I felt rather than what I usually do.

But it felt good, free. The lunch was a sudden idea. I wanted to find out if Sree would talk normally to me and thought this would be a good idea.

Usually my friends like it if I took them to a 5 star restaurant. But Sree's expression changed when she saw the place. She asked if I was showing off. I did get hurt, but one thing I realized was that I misjudged her a lot. We had a lot of fun eating and watching her smile with her beautiful dimple made me happy.

I didn't know what overcame me, when I took the tissue and wiped her cheek.
It was near her lips and I got flustered.
But I didn't show it.

Then I got the idea to see the lake. I realized I haven't had fun  for a long time. We spoke a lot. I did make a mistake, asking her if she had a boyfriend. It was inappropriate. She asked me the same.. I said no. I would never have one. I didn't believe in love..

Sree

That Wednesday, Gautham came to the office. I looked up from my desk to see the commotion. It was Gautham greeting all the employees he knew.

He was so friendly to everyone. He then saw me looking.

"Heyy, I was thinking about speaking to you", he said and continued his talk with Ramesh.

Sanjay looked at me. " What does he want to speak with you? ", he asked.

" No idea", I said.

I was called to Vikram' cabin in half an hour. I entered to find both Gautham and Vikram. Both looked at me enter.

"Hey sit down, Devi", Gautham told

I looked at him surprised,

" What? You are calling me Devi suddenly? " I asked sitting down

"Well everyone calls you Sree in office, so I wanted to be different, so you are Devi for me now"  He said smiling.

His eyes sparkled behind his black rimmed specs. I gave a slow nod looking at Vikram. He wasn't amused.

"So you are my best friend's new friend which makes you my friend too" , Gautham said grinning.

"I'm not sure if I'm Vikram's friend" , I said.

" Hey, .. Gautham stop this.. This is my office, if you want to have fun please leave the premise" Vikram said looking quite irritated.

"Chill bro, come on Devi let's get some coffee.. We can talk there, ", Gautham said and got up.

What was up with Gautham? Why would I drink coffee with him. I was thinking of some excuse, when Vikram got up.

" Sure let's go", he said.

"Hey didn't invite you bro, thought you just said you had lots of work", Gautham mocked.

" Now I feel like having coffee. Sree.. You go first and reach the opposite coffee shop, we would come behind in some time", he said.

I nodded. I had told Deepa everything which had happened the previous day. I also informed Harini and of course Raya and Akshara. They just teased me a lot.
Raya even said that it seemed that he really liked me.

Just 3 months. I reminded myself.

"You told Deepa? ", Vikram asked for the 3rd time, shocked and irritated. We were in the coffee shop sipping the coffee.
I thought I had to inform him, unless he finds out in an inappropriate way.