Chapter 12

No

I laid there with who I had thought was a stranger, but actually wasn't. How had I not known? Why was he here?

I continued to lay there shaking my head, this all must be one terrible dream, I must wake up. No way had Josh been a part of all of this.

He had reached up, taken the mask off and dropped the mask next to my head. He now was looking down at me through his blue eyes, the eyes I had always trusted.

"What are you doing here?" I asked barely over a whisper.

"Me and my friends have been planning this for weeks." He said to me, while looking me up and down. "I was quite shocked actually to see you here."

"You're a monster." I spat at him, remembering all the people he helped kill. I looked up at my hands and tried my best to get out of his grasp.

"If I recall correctly, I saved your life." He bent down even closer to me and with his free hand brushed a bit of my hair out of my face.

I flinched at his touch "My life wouldn't have needed saving if you hadn't planned any of this."

He clenched his jaw at this. "You should be thanking me."

"Fuck that, and fuck you." He tightened his left hand which was holding my wrists, making me yelp in pain. "Let me go. You're hurting me."

He did seem to loosen his hand slightly, but he didn't let me go, he just stared at me, at all of me. Then all of a sudden he started kissing me, everywhere. I tried to get away, but he was too strong and it only seemed to piss him off even more. With that free hand, he brought it down to my waist and started lifting up my top.

Kyle POV

I had just sat there and watched him drag her away. How was I supposed to protect her? The Black ski mask dude still had his gun when he came over to me, and I realized I couldn't keep her promise if I was dead.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, even though it still smelled terrible. When I opened my eyes again, Black ski mask walked to the middle of the room again.

"We will play one more of this and then change the game again." Black ski mask said to us. I absolutely despise him, I wouldn't even say he was human. "Who's next?" He asked.

A man wearing a pig's mask stepped forward and picked up a woman, who started screaming. I honestly didn't care about them. I know it was probably really selfish, but I only cared about the girl I swore I would protect. She was somewhere upstairs, he was probably hurting her, and I just sat here like a coward.

I continued to stare at the staircase, waiting for Vendetta to drag her back down, while the woman cried and spammed random buttons. She wasn't going to win, and once again, I didn't really care.

Her screams became even worse when she lost three to nothing. She was probably the worst one yet, her screams were really painful for my ears, to the point where I had to cover them. Even a few of the masked murderers had to as well.

Black ski mask didn't waste any time slitting the woman's throat. She made an awful gurgling sound as she slumped to the ground, and added fresh blood to the already stained ground.

Pig masked dragged the woman's body over to the corner and they all turned to change to a different game.

Slam

The door closed again. The door to the basement.

I looked over to the staircase and I was so happy to see that the girl was still alive, but my heart sank when she got closer, and I could see all the bruises covering her exposed skin and her eyes were all red and puffy. What had he done to her?