│8│

"What's gonna happen to you friends?" Bucky asked Steve. The three of us have been flying in the quinjet for about two hours. Bucky and I were on opposite side of the jet, staring out the window while Steve controlled the jet.

Steve sighed, shaking his head sadly, "Whatever it is... I'll deal with it."

"I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve."

"What you did all those years... It wasn't you. You didn't have a choice."

He didn't have a choice.

I had a choice.

I'm not worth this.

"I know." Bucky responded, looking back at Steve, "But I did it."

We flew for a couple more hours, none of us speaking a word. The words kept replaying in my head.

I had a choice

Not worth it

Not worth this

Not worth it

My head hurt from all the words flying across my brain going a million miles an hour. I squinted at the pain that ran up my skull as tears threatened to fall from my eyes. Don't cry. Don't cry.

Soldiers don't cry

"Hey, Scarlett." Bucky said, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked at him with red, puffy eyes as the tears spilled out of my eyes. "Hey, hey, hey." Bucky comforted, scooting into the seat next to me. He pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm not worth all this Bucky." I cried, "I had a choice, you didn't. You were being controlled, I did all those things..."

"No Scarlett, you didn't have a choice either. If you didn't do those things, they would have killed you and you wouldn't be here now."

"Yeah, but..." I sniffed, "I'd rather they killed me than have me kill all those people."

---⭑---⭑---⭑---

Bucky sat next to me the rest of the way to Siberia. It was nice to have someone there for me. It was a new feeling. A feeling of safe and comfort to forget about HYDRA for just a little while.

"We're here." Steve said, flicking a couple switches and landing the jet. Bucky stood up and slide open a compartment filled of guns labeled 'ROMANOFF'. He grabbed two, tossing one over to me while Steve opened the jet door.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve asked Bucky. I tried not to smile at their conversation while we stood in front of the open door that revealed the cold Siberia landscape.

"Was that the time we used out train money to buy hotdogs?"

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead."

"What was her name, again?"

"Dolores. You called her Dot."

"She's gotta be a hundred years old right now."

"So are you." I laughed, pushing passed the two of them and walked towards an old bunker hidden in a snow-covered rock. We stopped outside the door that was already pushed open.

He's already here

"He can't have been here more than a few hours." I added.

"Long enough to wake them up." Steve said, leading us inside. We wandered down a corridor and inside a rickedy elevator. We walked in and Steve lowered a gate-like door in front of the elevator entrance. I pressed a button on the side and the lift began going down. When it stopped, Steve lifted the gate up and the grip on my gun became tighter.