Overconfidence

Hannah strolled through the town centre, she was careful and had done this many times since they had been holed up in the secret laboratory that Ernest had provided. Clock didn't like it, but someone had to go and get food and believe it or not, they were the least likely to be recognized but it annoyed him all the same. Hannah had a cream headscarf on and a pair of dark red sunglasses, she thought that would sufficiently hide her identity from any prying eyes.

The team had been bunkered into the lab now for nearly 8 months and had only agreed to let one of them go out at a time to get food a month ago as the large reserves Ernest had set up in the cottage were never meant for multiple people. they had been rationing for a while, but the barrels finally ran dry. Hannah stopped inside a small convenience store where she was greeted by the smiling face of an elderly woman behind the counter. She glided through the aisles quickly, not taking too much time perusing and picking mainly tinned goods and bread. She pulled some coins from her inside jacket pocket and placed them on the counter, alongside the various items she had collected from around the store.

"My dear, this is not the diet for a lady!" The old lady chuckled.

"Oh, well I'm not much of a cook if I'm telling the truth..." Hannah said, trying to create a scenario where it was normal to buy 12 cans of tuna "So tinned is best for me".

"Well, you need to learn young lady, or you will never snag yourself a good man!"

"Who says I want one?" Hannah replied with a smile.

"Oh... you aren't one of them uh... Lesbians, are you?" The old lady asked, with a shocked look upon her face.

"Uh... Yes, I am!" Hannah said, leaning into the skid.

"Oh well, Uh... I don't judge, more power to you!" The old lady said unconvincingly.

The old lady picked up the coins and placed back the change next to, and not in Hannah's hand. Hannah pondered how people could be so uptight about something as mundane as sexuality, the past truly was a crazy place she thought. Hannah turned to leave before noticing someone else stood in the shop. It caught her attention as she did not hear anyone enter and she noticed the door rang a small metal bell whenever it was opened at the entrance. Curiosity is the greatest strength and the most brutal of weaknesses for a scientist, this time it worked out to be the latter.

Hannah strolled up and looked the person up and down. They were wearing a long black trench coat with a hood on it which was over their head, it was impossible to make out who they were from the rear. Hannah looked down to notice they were stood in front of some dairy products so took this opportunity to ask them a question that would make them move or at least turnaround.

"Sorry, can you pass me some of the cheddar cheese?" Hannah asked.

"Certainly, Ms. Craft." The figure said, turning to show her feminine face, contorted into a disgusting grin.

"Three!?" Hannah said, attempting to jump back before being clamped into a handcuff which was also attached to Three.

"Ha! Gotcha." Three said. Her grin growing maniacal.

"Yes... I do!" Hannah said, forcing a powerful punch into the right cheek of Three.

Three crashed backward into the shelves, bringing a small fortune of products crashing to the floor. Hannah pulled her up with her clamped hand and hit her once again in the same spot, once again smashing her to the ground. Three looked dazed and confused, unable to fathom the change in Hannah since they last saw one another. She shook sense into herself and stood up, wiping the blood from her lips and flicking it to the shop floor.