(23) Ice skating

Alex, Allison and Lydia were laughing in Allison's room getting ready for the rink when Mr. Argent came through the door.

"Headed out?" He asked.

"Studying." Allison answered and Argent gestured for her to come over to him and she sighed in response before listening.

She still couldn't tell her dad about Scott and her, which was understandable, seeing as he hated the secret boyfriend.

The father and daughter shared a few words and Alex and Lydia shared a look.

Suddenly Alex could hear what they were saying.

"I know how this might sound, but we need you to keep an eye on them." Mr. Argent said. It was like he was saying it directly to her but she knew he was talking to his daughter.

"You want me to spy on them?" Allison asked in disbelief.

"We want you to look out for your friends." Argent told her. "To make sure they're both okay."

The two Argents looked at Alex, who was looking down at her hands, and Lydia, who was trying to take a selfie before smiling and kissing her phone.

"They seem okay to me." Allison smiled in amusement as Argent looked at the strawberry blonde in confusion.

§{~}§

Stiles opened up the doors to the rink and the trio of best friends entered it before Lydia and Allison.

Alex turned on the lights and Allison entered smiling with Lydia following behind the four teens.

Alex, Stiles and Lydia found seats on the tribunes and get started putting their skates on.

"Could it be any colder in here?" Lydia shivered.

Alex elbowed Stiles in the side and he looked at her in confusion before he understood.

He opened his backpack and grabbed one of his jerseys and reached over Alex to give it to Lydia.

"Here." He said and Lydia looked at the bright orange jersey and back up at him.

"I'm wearing blue." She said and he looked down at the jersey in confusion. "Orange and blue, not a good combination."

"But it's the colours of the Mets." Alex and Stiles said at the same time, to which Lydia gave both of them looks.

Alex finished tying up her skates and got up starting to go down to the ice.

"Okay, why haven't you told her yet?" Lydia asked Stiles.

"Asked her what?" Stiles questioned cluelessly.

"Seriously? It's so obvious that you like her. And she's obviously into you as well. So you should just go for it." Lydia told the boy next to her who looked at Alex who entered the ice, skating forward like she was walking.

When he looked back, Lydia had already walked down to the ice.

All five teens had now gone onto the ice.

Alex and Lydia were going through one of their old routines as they started spinning, really, really quickly before exiting the spin and met each other on the middle before jumping and spinning two rotations.

Stiles stood there watching them in amazement as they skated away.

Alex skates over to Stiles while Lydia continued doing various tricks.

"Well? Come on." Alex told him when he just stood there and she grabbed his arm as she started skating with him.

The two teenagers looked at Scott and Allison for a second to see Scott falling forward through the air and they both laughed before continuing around the rink.

After a while Stiles went off the ice to get a break while Alex and Lydia stayed on skating around alone.

Alex turned and saw Lydia bending down holding up something.

"Lyds?" Alex called out and she skates over to her. "What is that?"

"Some sort of pedal.." Lydia told her. They looked forward and saw a trail of the pedals that Lydia had picked up.

They started following it until they stopped when they found the flower that the pedals originated from coming out of the ice.

They both sat down on the ice. Alex recognised the flower but before she could say anything, Lydia started brushing off some access snow on the ice to reveal a known face to them both.

Peter Hale put his hands on the other side of the glass and released an inaudible scream and the two girls screamed.

Lydia screamed a lot louder then Alex, but neither of them stopped screaming.

Stiles had made it onto the ice and was trying to calm them down when Scott and Allison exited the photo booth they were in and saw the three teenagers kneeling on the ice.

§{~}§

A/N: Sorry for the short chapters these last few days. I've been busy and I just wanted to be able to post, so here's today's chapter! I do hope you still enjoyed it, even if it's incredibly short.