𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. the one with the bloody wrench

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི                CHAPTER 16.
࿐           ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʸ ʷʳᵉⁿᶜʰ

tw : mentions and thoughts of suicide in this chapter

this chapter. please read with caution

"WE SHOULD GET YOU TO THE HOSPITAL. YOU TOOK IN A LOT OF SMOKE." Theo looked over Stiles briefly, aware of the soot and grime that now covered his skin. The blood on his face was rubbed away now— thanks to Peter and some very anxious cleaning. Pitiful, watching Peter nearly have a mental breakdown while trying to scrub dried blood off of Stiles with his sleeve.

But Stiles didn't agree. "I'm fine."

"Stiles..." Peter spoke gently, trying to fizzle the fire forming, ears flinching as Theo dropping the now right-up Jeep onto the gravel parking lot.

But that seemed to break a dam. "Don't Stiles me, okay? Can we talk about you now? Can we stop pretending you're okay? My Jeep fell on top of you!" The veins in Stiles' neck straining, body turned to Peter and hands inches from strangling the poor boy. "You've got third degrees burns all over you and you wanna ask me to put a bandaid on the bump on my head?"

Peter sighed, and faced forward again. "You don't heal like I do." It came out a grumble, knowing he had ribs reforming inside of him.

Stiles sputtered, brows furrowed. "You— you aren't even listening to what I'm saying. This wasn't your fault. None of this is your fault." He tries again, knowing that Peter was berating himself on the inside. The two of them were alike in that way, and Stiles prayed that Peter doesn't tear himself apart quite as harshly as Stiles does himself.

"I was there," Peter looked at floor blankly, exhausted of this push and pull of guilt and sadness fighting for domination inside of his head. "—and you got hurt."

      Stiles stands as Peter does, watching the spider boy circle the car and search for dents. As he finds them, he slides his hand under the body and pops it out— trying to be as helpful as he can be. Stiles sighs, and grabs his hands as they go to pop a dent from the hood. "Peter, don't do this to yourself. You can't just— "

     Cutting them both off, the police scanner on the dash that surprisingly still works. "Suspect in one-eight-seven is in custody and en route to station. Suspect's name is Yukimura, Kira."

     Peter frowns. "Did they say Kira?"

     Theo follows up. "What's a one-eight-seven?"