3 - So We Meet Again

[Edited]

Vampire Mates

3: So We Meet Again

Demetri's Point of View

I let my raging hormones get the best (or worst, technically) of me. I would've actually slept with Dana, if Rose had not barged in.

I won't ever forget the horrified look on her face when she had walked in on us, half naked. But, worse, I won't ever forget the pain that I must've put Lily through. They say that one's soul mate will feel pain if their other half is with someone else.

Dana had been pretty upset when I had said no.  I told her it was only because this was going too fast, so she agreed to stop. I was glad, to say the least, when she had fell asleep almost instantly, so I could sleep on the floor instead of beside her. Nevertheless, I was still really guilty and revolted by myself.

So here I am, looking at my reflection in the mirror at 5:30 in the morning. I stared at my reflection for a few more seconds before I shook my head and splattered the cold water on my face. Closing the tap, I felt a little more refreshed. Whoever said vampires don't need sleep is a lie. They do, just maybe not as much as humans need it.

I pulled on an old Beatles (they were so famous back then it was hard not to get addicted to their music) T-shirt and some jeans and slipped into my Nikes. I walked out of the apartment and pressed on the 'down' button beside the elevator. The elevator made a dinging sound immediately and I walked in, only to be surprised to see Rose standing there, bags under eyes.

"Hey," I said awkwardly.

Rosemarie's Point of View

I woke up 5:00 o'clock in the morning the next day, unable to sleep as I stared up at the blank white ceiling and the fan that whirred round and round, like my mind.

It was like a curse. I had never woken up later than 7 o' clock. I wasn't prissy in the mornings, which made me a morning person.  

I decided since I had time, I'd go out for a jog. Jogging seems to clear my mind, other than playing the guitar. But since it was so early, I didn't want to wake anybody up with the music.

I went into the bathroom and stripped off my jammies before getting into the shower. After 10 minutes, I went out and slipped into my bathrobe. Taking out my hairdryer and plugging it in, I began to blow-dry my hair. After my blonde hair was dried, I tied it up in a messy bun and walked out of bathroom. While rummaging through my closet, I used my feet to pull out my pale salmon pink high-top sneakers.

I finally settled down on a pair of comfortable black leggings and a Rolling Stones t-shirt. I slipped into my converse and began to walk out my room. The apartment was quiet, except from the few squeaking noises that my sneakers made. As I passed by Demetri and Dana's room, I sighed softly, being reminded of the things that happened last night.

Yeah, last night, when you felt attracted towards Demetri, my mind said.

Shut up, I thought back, annoyed at how my own brain had just reminded me about something that I had programmed myself not to think of, it was just physical attraction, nothing emotional.

Yes, it was nothing emotional, nothing Lily was feeling for Demetri. I settled on the conclusion that I didn't like him like that. I don't. I won't. I really, really shouldn't.

Yeah keep telling that to yourself, my brain retorted again.

"Shut up stupid and unwanted conscious." I muttered, opening the apartment door. I clicked the down button on the elevator and leaned against the wall while waiting. Oh trust me, you'll thank me one day and realize that I had been right all along.