𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. the one with peter's pep talks

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི               CHAPTER 17.
࿐              ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵖᵉᵗᵉʳ'ˢ ᵖᵉᵖ ᵗᵃˡᵏˢ

     "WAIT WAIT, DON'T SHOOT!" Stiles belts as the deputies around him all draw their guns at the commotion Parrish is causing

     "WAIT WAIT, DON'T SHOOT!" Stiles belts as the deputies around him all draw their guns at the commotion Parrish is causing. And at he enters the pen, glowing and shirt burned to a crisp, Stiles nearly stands in front of their guns. "Don't shoot! Stay back! Stay out of his way. Don't shoot! Peter— their guns!"

      He kicks into gear, knowing he can't use his webs without his suit, not with all these cops around. Instead, he darts around Parrish and pounces from deputy to deputy, stealing and smacking loaded pistols out of their hands. His feet leap onto a desk,
elegantly diving across the station, even picking up a stapler and hurling it at another deputy rushing in from their office. 

     They're all unarmed within a minute, and Parrish makes his way through the station unopposed. Peter and Stiles look between each other, Stiles willing himself to ignore the dried tears in Peter's face. They both wished for a moment of peace, but the universe simply wasn't that kind. Peter steps off the desk in a fluid motion and matches his pace with Stiles as they follow Parrish into the lot.

      Seeing the deputy drive away with coolers full of dead chimeras was not the highlight of their night.

      "You need to get to Scott." Stiles admits, knowing it's the last thing Peter wants to do. "He needs to know. I'll wait for Theo, fill him in."

     Peter turns abruptly. "What? I'm not— we're splitting up already?" His voice is almost a whine, afraid of where his head would go without Stiles to keep him grounded.

      Stiles doesn't love the plan either, but this is plan that keeps Theo away from Peter and solves the communication issue they've been having. Peter can cross the entire town in ten minutes tops, they don't have time to wait around. "I know, I know. Just— Scott needs to know."

      He's unfortunately right, they both know it.

      "Pete... , you have to come back to me okay?" Stiles met the boys gaze, unable to let Peter go without saying what he been wanting to. "I can't— I can't handle you dying. Peter, I— I would lose my freaking mind."

Peter frowns, wishing Stiles didn't poison himself with thoughts like that. "I don't have to go, Stiles. We can wait for Theo together." Peter learned the hard way that he didn't have to be the hero all the time. It was okay to just be a teenager sometimes, to be selfish.

"No." Stiles forced out, every other fiber in his entire being wishing he could let Peter be right. Wishing that the difference between life and death wasn't ten minutes. "No— just— tell me right now that we're okay. Tell me that when this is all over— you and me are still... that we're still together."