Chapter 16 - "You. Can't. Break. Me. That. Easily."

- Chapter 16 - "I'm Not an Orphan! I Have an Amazing Family!" -
Warnings: Bullying, abuse, death, rudeness, soaking, blood
Third Person POV

Race walks down the halls of the school, his backpack on his back.

School was finally over, and it had been for an hour, but Race had something he had needed to do.

He was done with it now.

"Look who it is." Race heard a voice from behind him.

A voice he hated more than most things.

Not his father, nothing could beat him.

Race internally groans, stopping, but not turning around.

"Antonio Higgins." The voice states. "Why don't you face us? Or are you that much of a coward?" He asks.

"Not a coward." Race states, turning around. "Just don't care enough to deal with you right now." He tells him.

"Your friends aren't here." Nick smirks, his arms crossed. "You have no one to save you." He states.

"I don't need people to fight my own battles." Race responds, crossing his arms as well. "I can do it perfectly on my own, and I don't need fifteen boys with me so that I don't cower in fear." He smirks.

Nick scowls at him. "You've got a big mouth, too bad you can't fight." He responds.

"Are you sure that's me?" Race questions, pointing to Nick.

Nick smirks. "Pretty sure there's no other dirty blonde haired boy who can't fight here." He responds.

Race stares at him. "We have the same hair color, Nicolas." He points out, pulling a piece of his dirty blonde, curly hair to prove his point.

He wasn't sure Nick would've been able to figure it out on his own.

Some of Nick's friends snicker.

Nick shoots them glares.

He looks back at Race. "Why don't you just run like all of your friends do?" Nick questions. "Thomas- I think it is- though I really don't care- has no problem being a coward and running." He comments.

Race scowls at him. "Don't you dare talk about him, especially not that way." He states. "Tommy boy has had a rough past when it comes to violence, he doesn't like confrontation."

Nick snickers. "Tommy boy? That's pathetic." He states.

Race glares at him, his fists clenching at his sides.

Control yourself, Racer. He's just trying to get under your skin.

And it's working...

"Rough pasts should make you tougher." Nick states, staring Race down. "Not babyish." He sticks his tongue out in disgust.

"Our choice not to resort to violence and not to be rude doesn't make us babyish." Race responds, forcing himself to be calm. "It makes us mature." He looks Nick up and down. "I don't think you know that definition, it's being-" he starts.