Chapter 47

Chevel’s POV

The night is getting colder as time passes by. I drifted my gaze over to Gyth who’s finally sleeping peacefully beside me.

I glanced towards the clock and it’s already passed my night clock. I carefully stood up from the bed without making any noise and slowly tiptoed out of the room.

A long sigh escaped my throat as I successfully walked out of Gyth’s room without waking him up. As soon as I stepped out of the room, the dark and creepy hallway welcomed me with a cold breeze.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I slowly paced towards the eerily silent hallway. I should’ve just slept in Gyth’s room if not for the trouble I’ll be into if they found out I’m not in my quarters.

I gripped my arms tightly as I turned towards the corner only to bump onto something.

I winced as I landed on the cold floor. I supported my weight with my elbow as soon as I recovered from the fall only to be overwhelmed with fear after hearing the tapping sound on the floor.

I whipped my hazy vision before the darkness in front of me as I pushed my body backwards after hearing the continuous tapping sound of shoes closing in.

All of a sudden, a cold wind brushed through the hallway flipping the curtain for a brief moment. The huge moon glimmered through the hallway and that’s when I met with a pair of sapphire eyes piercing through the darkness, directly looking at mine.

The air suddenly thinned down making it harder to breathe. I panicked as I strenuously pushed my feet backward only to be trapped by the cold wall against my back.

I panted anxiously as the silhouette continued to pace towards my figure. I trembled in horror as his black-leathered shoes are close enough to come into my sight.

I covered my mouth, not letting any sound escape my throat as the figure crouched down to my level.

“You.” A deep raspy voice murmured that eerily echoed through the silent hallway.

I flinched and trembled vigorously as his voice continued to echo through my ears.

I slowly looked up to his eyes that are watching me intently and that’s when I realized how peculiarly familiar they are.

My breath hitched when his sapphire ones suddenly squinted over to mine as if they’re studying me.

“You shouldn’t be here during this time of the night.” He murmured standing up as I followed him with my eyes.

“Go back to your quarters.” He ordered, turning away.

My fear quickly subsided as I realized he meant no harm. I stood up groggily as fast as I can, calling out to him.

“W-wait!” I softly screamed, stopping him from his tracks.

“I.. I think I’ve seen you somewhere.” I hesitantly said as thoughts began to flash back;

He’s got those ocean eyes. I could just drown in them!”

“Ugh. The blondie reaper guy.”

“Hey! Don’t call him that! He has a name.”

“D-dante?” I blurted out. I can’t help but notice how he flinched upon hearing the name coming out of my mouth.

“I’m flattered you remembered me.” He said turning around as he walked back towards my figure.

I swallowed the lump stuck in my throat as he towered in front of my small stature.

“I’d gladly talk with you all night but this doesn’t seem to be the right time, doll.” He said as his hand approached my face.

I flinched as he cupped my cheek, his blue eyes fixated on mine. A smirk formed on his lips as his face neared mine.

“See you around, doll.” He whispered to my ears, his breath brushing my earlobe sending shivers down my spine. He then reached out his hand, catching me off guard as he flicked my forehead before walking away.

I mumbled profanities as I stomped my way towards my quarters, annoyed at the fact that he made a joke out of me.

I slowly approached the doors of my quarters only to find the guards lying on the floor. I perked my head in confusion when a shadow on the corner caught my attention.

A familiar smirk and ocean blue eyes met my gaze before it disappeared in the darkness.

I quietly opened the door and tiptoed towards my bed. I collapsed my body as soon as I reached my bed, a long sigh of relief escaping my throat.

“Where the hell have you been?” A voice murmured. I looked up the bunk bed to find Emily peeking down.

“I shortly fell asleep in my master’s chamber.” I reasoned out to which she nodded and went back to sleep.

I too, laid down and went to take a much needed rest, not knowing what kind of training it’d be by tomorrow. Soon enough, darkness engulfed my vision.

“Hey..” I heard a voice murmured in my sleep. I furrowed my brows and groaned turning over to the other side of the bed, ignoring the voice.

“Chevel..” It constantly called. I gave in and slowly opened my eyes to be welcomed by coffee-colored eyes in the dark.

“Jesus, Vernon what are you doing? You scared me.” I let out a long breath as I held my chest while sitting up. I drifted my gaze towards the curtains but there’s no visible light emerging from behind.

“What even is the time?” I asked, rubbing my sleepy eyes.

“Just past midnight.” Vernon replied. “What?” I instantly answered back.

“Whatever this is, we can do it later let’s get some more sleep.” I said, turning to lay down but before I could even reach for my pillow, Vernon’s warm hands grabbed my arm gently sitting me back up.

“Really?” I groaned, disappointingly looking at his eyes that are unwaveringly looking back at mine.

“Fine.” I said, sitting up and attentively listened to him.

“Since we’re going to have another set of training later, I thought I should do my duty of filling you in for your missed days last week.” He explained. Right, Vernon was assigned that task by Lilith’s henchman.

“Okay, I’m listening.” I said upon yawning.