Part 49. A Blessing in Disguise

Hey everyone,

Here's one more chapter. I really hope you guys like it. For all those who were missing Manik and Cabir since a few days, this ones for you.

Looking forward to your comments on this one.

Love,
SV

P.S. - Please avoid typos and errors. I'm super sleepy.
———————————————————————

One more week passed by and Nandini and Manik were both busy with their own lives. Manik had told Nandini about how he had had the sex talk with Rishabh to which Nandini was first shocked but then she realised that it was much needed and much overdue. She was glad that Manik had had the talk with him. She was hoping that he learnt it from his school but then it was always better when someone from the family has a one on one conversation. And she didn't know how to tell her Chacha to have that conversation with Rishabh. Chacha was usually just concerned about the financial matters to even think about having such discussions but she was glad that Manik was there for Rishabh and she knew he would be around in case Rishabh had any confusion regarding this and would help him out in anyway he needed.

As far as her fears were concerned, she was now finally letting them go a little by little but she was not quite there yet. And Manik had diligently waited outside her class for every lecture of Professor Chatterjee. She was now feeling very guilty of troubling him like that. She had even tried being brave and asked him to stop coming to her class and he didn't have to do this every single day. But he had seen right through her and knew her that she was still uncomfortable and was asking him to stop doing this because she was feeling bad for troubling him. He had immediately rejected the idea and asked her to not worry so much.

Manik - Nandini, seriously. It's fine. Agar main yahaan nahi rahunga, toh I'll only be worried. Usse accha hai that I rather wait here.

Nandini - But Manik, it's been almost a week now. I can't ask you to leave all your work and stay here na. Besides, tumhari album recording bhi paas aa rahi hai. Don't you have to practice? And phir tumhare friends bhi hum par phir se gussa ho jayenge. And I really don't want that.

Manik - Nandini! Listen. Nothing is more important than you, okay? Nothing. So don't worry about it. Waise bhi Dhruv is taking forever to perfect his stuff and I can pick it up easily. So chill.

Nandini - Pakka? Manik I'm feeling very bad. Tum aise mere wajah se kitna time waste karoge.

Manik - I'm fine Nandini. Tum class jao. Main yahin hoon.

Nandini - But...

Manik - Just go. I'll see you after your class.

Manik then sat down on a bench outside her class. He was thinking about what Nandini said but to be honest, sitting outside her class had given him a lot or 'me time' to think about his life and career. He was in fact using this time to research more about the MBA. With all the crap going on with Paramount, he had absolutely forgotten about his Plan B. And now that Dhruv was the lead singer, his Plan B was starting to sound even more interesting. As a matter of fact, he had not enjoyed playing music ever since he had given up being the lead singer. He realised that it was time he got a little more serious about his career because he didn't picture himself being a background guitarist for FAB5 all his life. He was made to do bigger things. And he wasn't someone who would just wait and do nothing about it. He was someone who set his own goals and then overachieved them. And as weird as it sounded, hanging around Nandini's class had helped him a lot to get perspective on things. The geeky science nerds in college were very serious about their careers. In fact, a little too serious. They had information about everything from the different kinds of entrance tests and degrees open to them after graduation and all of them were studying for everything because either they didn't know what they wanted or because they'd accept anything they got accepted at and the empty classroom next to Nandini's had a lot of third year students studying for these tests.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें