Chapter 17 - Blood, Sweat, Tears, and Troubles

- Chapter 17 - "I Love You Too." -
Warnings: Abuse, bullying
Third Person POV

Race turns over, his awareness slowly coming back to him.

He was laying on a bed, his bed, not the cold school floor that he had fallen asleep on.

Race slowly opens his eyes, squinting them a bit because of the bright light.

Race pulls his blanket over his eyes, softly groaning a bit. "Bright..." he grumbles.

The light dims, but not a lot.

"Antonio," he heard Hannah start softly.

Crap, Race shoots up in his bunk.

"Woah, there." Jack gently stops him, sitting by Race's feet on his bed. "Calm down, hotshot."

Race looks around the room.

Medda, Jack, Albert, Spot, Crutchie, and Hannah were there.

"I was going to ask what happened..." the blonde boy mutters. "But I realize you probably don't know."

"Well, from the bruises on your neck and what Albert and Spot told us, you were being choked." Jack states. "So why don't you explain?" He asks.

Race sighs. "It was nothing," he mutters.

Hannah looks at him, her eyes soft.

Albert and Spot look to Medda, Jack doing the same.

Medda nods, grabbing Hannah's hand gently and hiding her out of the room, Jack and Crutchie following them.

Race looks up at Albert and Spot, before diverting his eyes to his lap.

His hands travel to the table by his desk, grabbing the fidget cube off of it.

Albert sits down on the ground in front of Race's bed.

Race pulls his legs up so he was sitting criss cross on his bed, facing Albert and Spot.

Spot stood behind Albert, his arms crossed.

"You know you're not in trouble, right?" Albert asks softly.

Race shrugs, staring at the fidget cube as he flipped the light switch back and forth.

Albert sighs softly. "Can you look at me?" He asks quietly.

Race's eyes slowly travel up to Albert's face, his eyes meeting the redhead's beautiful green eye and beautiful brown eye.

Race slowly reaches out towards him, his hand cupping Albert's right cheek and his thumb gently tracing under Albert's eye.

"See something you like?" Albert questions with a small smirk, but he wasn't teasing as much as he usually would.

"Not sure." Race responds. "That's why I'm trying to get a better look at it." He laughs a bit.

Albert places his face a centimeter away from Race's.

Race blushes, laughing as he pulls his face away.