lvi

Mature content, viewer discretion advised.

The rest of the week didn't go at all like Madeleine had expected it nor planned. A day after Scrimgeour's speech, the Daily Prophet had released an article targeting her with the title being "Nepotism In The Ministry? Junior-Undersecretary, Ms. M. Archambeau Is All the Proof You Need!" After the article was released, many aspects of her family's life were revealed especially regarding her parents. But of course, no one but her closed ones really knew the truth about her relationship with her mother and how she played no part in the job that she had been given.

On July fourth, Maddie had to stay past her work hours in the Ministry, accompanying Scrimgeour in several meetings which ended in a short meeting with the Muggle Prime Minister along with Fudge who had now taken the position of Scrimgeour's adviser. Due to that meeting and the paperwork that it brought, she had arrived at the flat a quarter past one in the morning which then led to a fight with Fred considering how much she knew he hated when she stayed alone by herself in the middle of the night without at least sending a note beforehand.

Saturday morning, Fred and Maddie went to look at more flats despite his protests that he preferred that she lived with him in order to protect her. The blonde's head was reaching its maximum capacity because now she didn't have to deal with her job and the mission she was assigned to do by Dumbledore, but as well she had to deal with Fred who was becoming too overprotective of her.

Gladly, she found a flat not to far from the twins and not too far from the Ministry and Maddie felt that she could breathe again; knowing that living by herself it would be much easier for Fred to not know about the secret meetings with the other Order and her plans to move muggle-born kids across countries.

The only minor inconvenience of the flat being that there were only two rooms and one bathroom which meant that Clo and Harry would have to share a room and the three of them would have to share the bathroom. What remained of the day, Fred, Lizzie and George helped Madeleine move out her inherited book collection that was being kept safe in her vault at Gringotts, as well as her belongings being kept in Fred's room.

Sunday was her busiest day yet. Fred, George, Liz, Alicia and Lee went with her to get furniture and everything else she needed to finally settle in before bringing Clotilde. After assembling the remaining furniture, the other four left, leaving Madeleine and Fred alone. She was sitting on the couch, running her hands through her hair anxiously when he sat down next to her, placing two cups of coffee on the brand new coffee table. Fred of course had no idea that the real reason behind her anxiety wasn't at all related with having to take care of her sister, but rather to finally set her plan in motion after two weeks of calculated planning.

"Maybe you're rushing into this Mads, why don't you just wait a couple more days to bring her in," he stroked her back soothingly.

"I can't Fred, I've already told you a million times that I need to get all of this done today because I won't have time during the week and I need to get Clotilde out of there before she loses her mind and does something stupid," she sighed and moved her head to rest on his shoulder.

"I know that there is something that is bothering you that's not about Clo," he blurted.

"You're reading way too much into it Fred, there's nothing else bothering me," she groaned and stood up, "we should go get her now."

With a loud crack, the two of them apparated to the cottage in Devon, not too far from the Burrow. Maddie knocked on the door but it didn't open, instead, Timothée's voice boomed from inside the house.

"If you are Madeleine, then what was favorite jam flavor as a kid?"

"That's a stupid question Timothée, it used to be apricot but then it became raspberry," she rolled her eyes and her brother opened the door letting both her and Fred in.