16 | don't spotters stare at their spottees?

"Eliana

"Eliana..." Casen draws out my name as he does another rep.

I lean against the bar beside him with doe eyes and my hands clasped together in anticipation, "Casen..." I mock.

"You just gonna stare at me the whole time?" He asks, doing his thirty-third rep.

I pout, "I'm your spotter. I'm spotting you. Don't spotters stare at their spottees?"

When Casen told me that he'd be spending his Sunday morning in the gym, it wasn't hard to decide to do a random pop up and keep him company.

He rolls his eyes, "Aren't you late for work.... or literally anything else?"

I gasp dramatically and fall back against the pole like a cartoon character, "How dare thou push me off like a pest?" I rest the back of my hand against my forehead and speak with an Old English accent, "Does thou not favor me any longer?"

Case tilts his head at me, "Take a nap."

"No." I deadpan, "I wanna watch you."

He goes on for a moment before pausing. He then turns to me in thought, eyes running up and down my body, "You wanna try some weights?"

I arch a brow. He got me fucked up. "Oh, look at the time. I suddenly have stuff to do."

He sits up from the reclined seat and as I move to grab my stuff and walk away, he takes my wrist gently and pulls me toward him and between his parted legs so his face is almost at my chest.

Oh.

"Lift some weights, peach. For me." His voice is low as he eyes me, and I have to do my very best not to have my eyes roll into the back of my head. How dare he do that when he knows what he's doing....

"Peach?" I question with furrowed brows, his other words clocking in at a slower rate.

He laughs, "'Cause of you and those nasty ass milkshakes."

You're stronger than this, Eliana. "No." I say, trying to convince myself more than him. "Crab legs."

He busts out laughing at the nickname. "C'mon," He chuckles and pulls me closer, licking his bottom lip, "I'll teach you how to lift them."

I huff, "It can't be that hard that I would need male assistance." I shudder at the words.

He stands, towering over me like a skyscraper. A very attractive skyscraper. "Don't knock it till you try it, Ana."

That's how I end up in front of a full body mirror, Casen a respectful distance behind me. There's goosebumps along my back despite his warmth radiating against me. A bar with fifteen pounds on either side rests on the ground in front of me.