Truths & Secrets

Bruce Wayne was someone who did not judge a book by its cover, he knew that appearances could be deceiving, however, he could not help but wonder how it was possible that what looked like the most helpless and harmless girl he had ever seen was the leader of this group.

Physically speaking, Miss Tsurugi seemed to be superior; in terms of influence, Miss Bourgeois was clearly the one to look for.

Despite that, it was evident that the one leading the two of them was the girl with pigtails.

This became clearer when she stood in front of her friends as she invited them in.

Batman had decided to take Nightwing, Batwoman and Robin with him. The girls already knew the latter two and Nightwing had the charisma to make the two girls feel comfortable. The others were on patrol, but they could hear everything over the communicators.

"Hello again, girls" greeted Batwoman trying to lighten the mood.

" Hello to you too" replied Marinette, while Kagami nodded and Chloe waved "Thank you very much for coming."

"No problem, we can't refuse the call for help from three lovely ladies, "said Nightwing with a smile.

"Well, thanks anyway, "said Marinette ignoring Chloe's giggle and Kagami's frown.

Interesting.

" I would like to have more details before taking any action "expressed Batman, to which Marinette replied.

"How much do you know so far?" asked the girl in a respectful, but authoritative voice, which surprised those present, except for her friends, who smiled.

"What do you mean? "asked Robin, between surprised and amused.

Marinette smiled at him.

"Batman has the title of 'the world's best detective'" she explained looking Robin in the eyes "I don't think you would have come if you hadn't investigated and found reasons to talk to us."

Bruce was impressed. Tim's idea, that this girl was some sort of civilian ally for the heroine of Paris, didn't sound so far-fetched anymore.

"It wasn't entirely easy, for some reason we had to hack into a resident's computer to gain access "  Robin mentioned, without taking his eyes off Marinette.

The girl nodded with a thoughtful expression.

"That would explain why it's been so hard to get help."

"I understand they already sent reports about it to the League, but for some reason, those weren't handled properly," said Batman, watching as the blonde snorted in annoyance.

"Understatement of the year, the first time they called daddy crazy and the following times, even when Ladybug herself begged  for help, she was told not to bother anymore" mentioned Chloe with clear resentment "They didn't even investigate to see if it was true, ridiculous, utterly ridiculous"

"We are aware that the kind of villain that terrorizes Paris is not common, we know it sounds unreal" said Kagami "But for us, it is very real."

Everyone present remained in solemn silence for a few minutes. Those who were present, Jason was shouting obscenities into the communicators.

"Can you give us more details on the topic?" asked Batwoman.

Marinette watched them all for a few minutes before speaking.

"It all started about four years ago..."

An explanation later.

Batman knew this wasn't going to be easy, seeing as how this guy's victims tended to be teenagers and children, that's not counting a baby, for God's sake.