String

This is going to be a long ass chapter-

Back to story

(Y/n) ended up having to carry Mitsuri back to her estate, her passed out from mental exhaustion in his arms. He gently set her down on her futon, taking off her katana, and gently tucking her in. (Y/n) didn't want to change her into something more comfortable, he didn't want her to think he was a creep.

(Y/n) gently shut the doors to the Love Estate and adjusted his haori.

"Okay... I have everything for the mission." (Y/n) concluded, checking everything. "Extra med kit, decent snack, hmm..." (Y/n)'s thoughts trailed off. "Oh well..." (Y/n) shrugged and walked away from the estate.

Timeskip

It was now getting darker as (Y/n) reached the train station, and just in time. The train was preparing to leave, so he only had a few mere moments to get on the train.

"ITS A LO-CO-MO-TIVE!" (Y/n) had a very shrill and familiar voice yell, making him quickly walk faster to the train station. Sure enough, there was Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Tanjiro running from the police, or Zenitsu was dragging them from the police.

"Zenitsu?" (Y/n) mumbled, though knew the boy would be able to hear him.

Zenitsu's head snapped in (Y/n)'s direction when he mumbled his name, "(Y-Y/n)!" Zenitsu ran to (Y/n) faster than (Y/n) had ever seen him move.

"Ohayo Zenitsu!" (Y/n) caught the fast moving boy smiling widely. Zenitsu started crying onto (Y/n)'s haori, making the boy sweat drop, though kept hugging the boy. "What exactly happened to get the police to chase after you?" (Y/n) inquired.

Zenitsu quickly turned to face the other two who were watching with unidentifiable emotions in their stomachs.

"THESE TWO ARE COUNTRY BUMPKINS! HE KEPT HITTING THE DAMN TRAIN, AND HE SAID THIS HUNK OF METAL IS A SPIRIT OF THIS LAND!" Zenitsu said in one breath. (Y/n) just looked at them for a second, letting what he said sink in.

"Come now Zenitsu, they were both raised in a mountain, cut them some slack." (Y/n) smiled, unknowingly insulting the other two. Though Tanjiro could sense (Y/n) didn't mean harm by it, and let it slide. Inosuke didn't seem fazed in the first place, not seeing how that was an insult, it was true.

Zenitsu started snickering at (Y/n)'s unknown insult, before the train started to move.

"Uh oh." (Y/n) quickly grabbed all three of the mizunotos. He easily ran next to the train and gracefully jumped onto the back, setting the other three down on their feet. "Perfect! Now we must rendezvous with Rengoku!" (Y/n) walked into the train deeper, leaving the three to themselves.

"UMAI!" A loud voice yelled, making it easy for (Y/n) to find Rengoku. (Y/n) sat down across from Rengoku, who didn't pause from eating for a second.

"Ohayo Rengoku." (Y/n) smiled gently. Rengoku surprisingly smiled back, making (Y/n)'s eyes slightly widen.

Rengoku didn't say anything and just kept eating, leaving (Y/n) to look around the train. The people on the train looked sluggish, something wasn't right...

"Is he a glutton?" A voice whispered not so quietly, making (Y/n) look to the owner of the voice. Zenitsu was whispering to Tanjiro, not so discreetly.

"No this is the Flame Pillar, Rengoku Kyojuro." (Y/n) introduced them, knowing Rengoku probably wasn't going to stop eating to properly respond.

"UMAI!" Was all Zenitsu got in return.

The three sat down, Tanjiro sitting next to Rengoku, and the other two sitting on both sides of (Y/n).

"Excuse me Rengoku-sama, do you know what the Hinokami Kagura is?" Tanjiro asked politely. This got Rengoku to stop eating, surprisingly, and started thinking.