Chapter 22

Liam's POV

I felt like my body was ran over by a truck. My head was so heavy and I couldn't move a muscle even though I was now awake. I was so weak.

I tried to open my eyes and even that took effort for me to accomplish. I squinted when the rays of the sun infiltrated the room I was in, and it seemed like I was in some type of medical facility.

I could see that we were back in the castle when I saw the towering walls. Green leaves and thick branches reached out to my window and I watched as it got swayed by the wind.

The sound of the air-conditioning unit filled the room, together with the beep of the machines connected to my body. I moved my head to the side and saw my mother and Hannah sitting on the lush sofa.

"Liam?" Mom's voice got my attention and she hurried over to me before checking if I was alright. She combed my hair between her fingers before breaking down right in front of me.

"I'm so sorry. I never thought that this would happen." She whispered and grasped my hand. I was too weak to sit up and tell her that it was alright, so I just squeezed her hand.

"It's not your fault, Mom. I'm okay now." I assured her but she just cried harder as she hugged me. I smiled sadly as I put my arms around her and told her over and over that I was fine.

But I totally wasn't.

I asked her how long was I asleep and she told me that it had been 3 days since the night we were attacked.

"Liam? Are you going to die?" We turned both our heads to Hannah who was clutching her white bear stuffed toy. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears and her lower lip trembled before she bawled her eyes out.

"Nooo. Big brother is just resting for a while because I got tired." I told her and Mom waved for her to come closer. She ran to us crying and I sighed before patting her head.

It was only this time I noticed that my arm was covered in bandages.

"You're not turning into a mummy?" She asked in her small voice and I couldn't stop myself from releasing a laugh. A throb of pain radiated from my neck and I took a sharp intake of breath.

"What? What is it? Is something wrong?" Mom asked me out of concern and she wiped the tears on her eyes before propping her hands on the bed.

The door suddenly opened and there came a doctor wearing a white lab coat. I could immediately tell that he was a vampire but I didn't know how.

"Good afternoon. I'm Doctor Brookes but you may call me Ian." He introduced himself to us and mom looked at him warily as she huddled Hannah closer to her.

"I was the one who attended to the patient when he was brought here, so rest assured." Mom glanced back at me and I looked at the doctor for a moment before nodding my head at her.

The doctor stepped closer to my bed and checked a bunch of stuff such as my vitals. When he was about to change the bandages on my arms, he raised both of his brows and looked surprised.

I frowned at him and raised my head to get a look for myself. I gasped when I saw where my wound should be, but I didn't see anything. It was as if nothing happened and there was no cut to begin with.

"I will advise the staff to give you a lot of red meat. After a lot of rest you should walk around. It will be good for you. Any activities that could put a strain to your recovery is not allowed. Well, I guess that will be all." He turned towards the door but Mom hesitantly called out to him to ask some questions. The doctor nodded and kindly talked to her as they stepped outside.