Chapter 11

THE NEXT MORNING, SHE FELT A PAIRof arms wrapped around her waist and she turned around to see Saul staring at her

of arms wrapped around her waist and she turned around to see Saul staring at her.

"Morning," she whispered and he smiled at her, "Enjoying the view?"

He hummed in approval, "I enjoyed it better last night," he said

Anya laughed, going to sit up in the bed until he tightened his arms around her.

"Can't we just stay here for a while, I'm tired," he asked and she sighed, breaking free from his grasp.

Saul smiled at her. She was wearing his shirt because her shirt was missing, and damaged. He could get used to this, mornings with her, never wanting to leave each others side.

"No Saul, Farah messaged, she needs us," Anya explained as she reached into his wardrobe.

After he was injured and she decided to stay in his room, she kept some clothes on there. She picked out some clothes before walking towards the bathroom.

"Come on, its not like I haven't seen it before," he said, leaning up on the bed, the covers falling off of his naked chest.

"Shut up," she said as she walked into the bathroom, ignoring a laughing Saul.

"But I need a shower," he complained as he leant his forehead against the door.

He heard the shower start, "Well I dont want to take up all the hot water," she said and he smirked, opening the door.

He could get used to this, the domesticity of their lives, the love between them.

☆☆☆

"YOU'RE LATE," FARAH SAID AS THEY ran into her office, her and Ben already standing there.

"It was his fault," Anya declared and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I admit to that, but how can you blame me?" He asked, looking at Ben who was smiling at the couple.

Ben rolled his eyes but couldn't hide the smile. He was just glad that his friends had finally ended up together.

Farah sighed, ignoring Sauls new lovesick demeanour as she reached onto the desk, picking something up.

"Well, I searched Callums room and his desk, found this in one of the drawers," Farah said, holding out some vial.

"What is it?" Saul asked, taking it and having a good look at it.

"Nettle Amalgam," Farah said with a sigh, looking down at Ben who was sitting at the desk.

"Its a fascinating substance," he said, holding his hand out and Saul gave him the vial, "Now Mercury can stand in both solid and liquid,"

"Ben," Saul and Anya said at the same time, realising he was getting off topic.

Ben smiled at them, "If someone discovered your trap on the undercroft entrance they would automatically assume, albeit incorrectly, that it would help them defeat it," he explained.

"And you're certain Callum tried to access the door?" Anya asked and Farah sighed.

"Someone did-" she stated, "-and Callum hadn't been seen in days which makes him the prime suspect,"

She walked over to the door, turning the magic back on and then closing the library door.

"But Nettle Amalgam is archaic fairy knowledge," Anya stated, slightly confused as to how he would have gotten it.

"It is uncommon, and Callum is no fairy. If magic was used to breach the undercroft, he had help," Farah said.

"Well this, will pick up trace elements of magic used," Ben said holding some frothy smoke up that filled the area, "you can think of like a sort of magical fingerprint,"

They looked down to see a faded image of Callum sitting down and frozen by the magic.

"He was killed by magic?" Ben stated.

Anya shivered. She knew Callum and he had chosen his fate. He had died for whatever he had found in the room.

Farah sighed, "Well at least now we know where he went," she said, a sad look on her face.

"And that there's a murderer in our school," Saul said, looking over at the other three.

☆☆☆

LATER THAT DAY, ANYA STOOD IN THE  greenhouse with Ben between lessons.

"Do you need any help?" Terra asked, walking past her brother and standing next to her dad.

"No, this is a special project," Ben said, never taking his eye off of the magic he was making, "But if you want to strip hydrangea roots for me,"

"Oh yeah, I should actually probably finish my homework," Terra said, walking over to sit down next to Anya who was doing something on her laptop.

"Really?" Her brother Sam asked, "Cause it seems pretty done to me, why don't you ask your teacher,"

There was suddenly a knocking on the door and Dane opened it, he was the guy Terra was telling her from earlier that was being an asshole.

"Hey Terra, can we-" he started before seeing Sam, Anya and Ben all glaring at him.

"Whilst I appreciate that it is the historical perspective of the patriarchy - and Anya apparently - to save women from upsetting situations. I've got this," she said before walking out.

"You be safe," she whispered to Terra, kissing her forehead before letting her leave with Dane.

She went back to her work, she was setting uo the assembly, planning how the guards would be stationed around Alfea.

With the news of the Burned Ones round, she had to make sure that Alfea was as safe as possible in the coming days or weeks.

Terra and Dane had a short conversation before she slammed the door in his face. Anya knew that Dane had been an asshole to her and they all hated him.

"Still kinda wanna punch him," Sam said and Anya nodded her head.

"Ditto," she said, looking down at her work as Terra came and set next to her

Anya looked down at her phone to see a text from Saul saying that Queen Luna had arrived.

"Right, me and Anya will see you kids at the assembly," Ben said, leaving the greenhouse with Anya

Anya was not excited to see the Queen, hating the woman's guts ever since she went to Alfea with them when they were teenagers.

She was a year above them and was rude and spiteful and would always try to flirt with all of her friends, even poor Ben who was dating Terras mum at the time.

1087 words