17~

O, god. My head was spinning. Tony could find out any day that I'm his daughter. He just had to open those files and boom! At first I thought he would be too busy to be a dad, but now that I got to know him I know that isn't true, but why didn't I want him to know? I'm.. I'm well, I think I'm afraid of disappointing him.

"Rory?! Time for dinner!"

I snap out of my thoughts and make my way to the dining room.

"Hey Kiddo, what have you been doing in that room of yours. You've been there all day." I look up and see Tony giving me a worried glance.

"Nothing.. Just, you know, one of those days." I half lied, giving him a sad smile at the end. "Anyway, just the two of us for the night?" I asked him.

"Yes, the rest have this thing called.. Right! a life." he said giving me a smirk. I give him a small chuckle in return.

"Anyway, I finally got your files. actually Steve got them because he technically takes care of you but-"

"Files? What files?!"

"Wow, calm down kiddo. Just.. every file, your personal, birth, medical and allll the others. To be honest, it was pretty hard getting them, I guess Ponytail didn't tell them about you staying with us. And then there was problems with your medical file, something about it being deleted-"

"And.. Have you already looked at them?" I asked, interrupting him.

"No, I thought it would be a good idea to look at them with you.." he said without making eye contact. Is he.. nervous?

"Listen, this is a big deal, and I think you're brilliant. I would love to know more about you and maybe-"

"What if-! What if I don't want you to read them..."

"..."

"If- if you want that," Tony said while looking slightly.. Hurt? "But I don't understand why you would? Is something wrong, Rory?" He looked really worried now.

"I just.. I-I have to go." I ran out of the room as fast as I could, I could hear Tony yelling my name behind me, but I just kept running to my room.

He's gonna find out, I can't think of a good enough reason than, 'I just don't want you to be mad at me for lying to you.' God, I was acting childish.

Suddenly I hear a knock on my door. "Hey kiddo, listen I don't know what's going on right now, but I just want you to know, that I'm never gonna do something that you wouldn't want me to." He said, while he still stood on the other side of the door.

"Just know that, it's your choice. It has always been your choice." I could see some papers being pushed under the door.

I could hear Tony walking back downstairs. I got up from my sitting position and carefully grabbing the scattered papers

I notice that they were still in the binder they came in, except for a small document that was laying on top. I remove the document and open the file that was still completely sealed, backing up the fact that Tony was speaking the truth and hadn't looked at them yet.

The binder was full of information of me, just like I had expected. I notice that the first five year of my life I had spent in a orphanage and that they didn't know where I was for the rest.

'Hydra, apparently."

And there it was, Father: Tony Stark. I quickly close the binder and went to look at the small document that was laying on top just a second ago.

I flipt the first page that was completely blank and read the first sentence.

Wait, these weren't information about me.

These were adoption papers...