Chapter 56

It was as crazy as it was when she first came.

Only the smell of herbs, the documents still piled up like mountains, and Axion, who is entirely at the bottom of the line, the desire to work have faded from him.

But as he read the letters on the paper, frowning, he soon lowered the pen he had in his hand.

After his guest's visit, he was distracted.

But in fact, that was an excuse.

Even before Jane Non came, Axion couldn't concentrate on the documents.

What kept floating in his head was the face of a girl he had met not long ago at the King's Palace.

Duug.

Eventually, Axion soon gets up from his seat.

When I think of it, he can go to meet her.

Since when have I been thinking about her?

Axion left the office so easily.

After a while, the deputy who visited him screamed when he saw the empty chair and the documents piled up on the desk, but Axion did not care.

* * *​

It didn't take long for Axion to put what he thought into action.

"What brings you here?"

The news of Axion Bergett's visit was, of course, a surprise for Hillise.

No wonder I felt like I had a lot of visitors today.

"As I happened to be around because of work, I remembered that I didn't set a time for my next appointment."

Axion calmly told her the reason for Hillise 'question.

His expression and tone were so calm that I wondered if it was true.

Hillise stared silently at Axion's face and turned away.

"I wish you had just sent me a letter as you have done so far."

Axion first looked at the back of Hillise, walking toward the parlour.

Her back, which he saw at the King's Palace last time, overlapped over it for a moment.

Actually, it was a little conflicting.

"I was going to do that at firstㆍㆍㆍ."

But he just decided to be honest.

"Because I thought you might not be able to reply this time."

At that moment, Hillise stopped walking.

Axion spoke as she looked back and faced his face.

"So somehow, without knowing, I got a little nervous and had to come here myself."

"ㆍㆍㆍ."

"I'm sorry I didn't ask for your understanding in advance."

It was a courteous apology for a person who had done his work recklessly.

Of course, Axion knew that it was not polite to come here without any notice.

However, he had a hunch that Hillise would somehow avoid him after the last incident at the King's Palace.

Perhaps that's why he chose to visit Inoaden unconsciously.

Such realization passed through Axion's mind just as he saw Hillise face.