17. Archie Harrison

"There you go, sweetheart" Harry carefully placed his newborn baby boy in the car seat. "You're all set up." He smiled to him, even though he was peacefully sleeping.

"Meg, are you ready?" He turned to his wife just to realize she was already sitting on the passenger seat of the car. "Don't you... Seat here with him? To keep him calm?"

"What?" Meghan turned, glancing at her husband. "Oh. No, what if he cries, uh?"

Harry stood silently for a couple seconds, astonished, unsure about wether he heard that right. "What.. What do you mean?"

The woman stared back at him as he had just said the stupidest thing ever. "I mean that I'm not going to deal with a crying baby right next to me on a 45 minutes road trip. That's just too much on my nerves." She shrugged her shoulders and crossed her arms, turning back and staring at the car window in front of her., mumbling something that Harry didn't quite get.

"Sir, is everything alright?" One of their protection officers approached the Prince, wondering why the leaving process was taking so long.

"It is, I'm sorry, I was just making sure that the little one was al settle down correctly." Harry lied, sending off the man with a big smile. He sighed, hoping the car trip wouldn't turn into a nightmare and close the door, and climbing in himself on the driver's seat. He stopped only once just before leaving, thinking that maybe their little boy would have felt better with his birth mum, rather than Meghan and him. Seconds later he shook that thought away and started the car, forcing him not to ever thing about that again.

***

Kensington Palace, Apartment 1

"Mum," Victoria entered the kitchen in a rush, holding her phone in front of her, facing towards the room. Her mother was sitting at the kitchen table with Louis, feeding him his afternoon snack, and wasn't having the greatest time.

"What, love?" she asked not taking her eyes off her son, hoping he wouldn't have thrown to the floor his little plate.

"Mum" the Princess hurried again, "the baby."

That immediately caught Catherine's attention and she turned to her eldest daughter. Her eyes took a second to focus on her phone, railing it was on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's instagram page, on completely blue post with only a few white letters.

"It's a boy," she read, at first without realising. She then looked at the bottom of the post. "Their Royal Hignesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to announce the birth of their child?" She continued, her voice tone unusually weird. She raised her head to her daughter. "Is this their... Official page?"

"Do you think I'd show you a random fake news I found scrolling?" She replied. She would have never shown it, especially in front of her mother as the last thing she wanted was her to worry for her, but she was about to burst into tears.

"Yeah sorry love," Catherine agreed, giving her phone back.

Victoria stood in font of her mother, everything silent, as they both tried to process the news and the fact that the public had been informed way before than their family. The post had been out for over half an hour before Victoria had noticed it, and still no one had informed them. Harry hadn't informed them.