8. New Rules

Song: Wicked Games - The Weeknd

—-

Luscious

__

TW: body shaming

—-

On shaky legs, I stumbled out of the room and quickly dashed into the changing rooms, shrugging on my baggy clothes in a dazed mindset and quickly grabbing my belongings and heading out.

His words lingered in my mind as I rushed into the bustling street.

The promise of a next time ringing through my ears.

---

Watching men go into the bathrooms and come out with a dazed look in their eyes, the remains of cocaine still in their moustaches as they stumbled back to their seats and not being able to do anything about it was the absolute worst part of my job.

I could only suck on my teeth as another man left the room, evidence still clinging to his greying moustache.

I mentally tallied his description in my mind, he would be barred from personal dances for the rest of the night.

My continuous glaring at him was interrupted when a cold hand snaked around my arm. Startled, I turned around to meet Crystal's eyes.

"Lush, come please."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her statement, hesitating slightly and wanting to see who else came out the bathroom but the underlying panic in her voice made me move as she dragged me to the dressing room.

Walking in, there were four girls already there, two comforting Angel who was in tears and Brandi who was muttering curses under her breath and throwing her possessions in a duffel bag.

"What's happening?" I asked, taking a minute to take in the scene unfolding.

"They won't tell us," Crystal whispered in my ear.

Another loud sob erupted from Angel and I moved forward, kneeling in front of her and taking her hands into mine.

"Angel, sweetie, whats going on?"

I rubbed my thumb over her hand in a soothing manner, feeling them tighten around mine. Her eyes darted around to the two girls trying to comfort her and I immediately understood.

This was a private manner.

"Girls, will you leave us for a moment?" I asked, smiling at them as they hesitated and gave Angel a few more comforting words before exiting.

Crystal sat down next to Angel, seemingly not wanting to leave and Brandi continued to empty her locker. 

"Angel, please, I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong honey."

She breathed in, taking a tissue from Crystal and blowing her nose, before looking me in the eyes.

"It's the new boss," She said, "He fired us."

I took in a sharp breath as she spoke, not wanting to believe that he would continue to disrespect me and my girls with his new rules and personal grievances.

I cleared my throat, barely keeping ahold of my temper.

"Can you tell me why?" I asked, not wanting to set her over the edge any more and seemingly failing as the last remains of her constraint collapsed and she burst into another round of tears.

Surprised with her new round of tears, I awkwardly put a comforting hand on her back.

Dumping her bag on the floor next to me, Brandi spat out, "It's because we're plus sized."