27| Say Yes

Nora

I thanked Benjamin as he dropped me at Nico's office. He didn't know I was coming and I planned on keeping it that way. I'd already been here thousands of times, but I was always astound by his building. It a tall, sleek one, a shining silver in colour. His surname dominated the entire space, resting on top of a twin of two towers. It was much bigger than Dixon's, and much more beautiful. It was a kind which forced people to stare and admire. I wouldn't have expected anything else from Nicolas.

The doorman tipped his hat at me when I made my way inside, smiling at everyone whose eyes met mine. Pressing the button for the sixty fourth floor I waited till the elevator dropped me at my location, and I walked into Kyle'd office without knocking.

He looked up from his laptop, surprised. "Nora, hi. What're you doing here?"

I paused. "You're- okay?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Yeah? Should I not be?"

"I- don't know? They granted Charlie bail. Did you not hear-"

"I heard." He interrupted me. "I chose to not acknowledge it. I don't care about him. It doesn't matter to me if he's in jail or not. What mattered was my respect, and I've got it back."

"But he should pay-"

"And he did, he still would. People know now. Everyone knows." Kyle replied. "Honestly, it's completely alright, Nora. I don't even care."

I sat down on  a chair in front of him. "If you're okay, it's fine then."

He smiled and was about to say something when the intercom at his desk buzzed. He looked at it quizzically, then pressed the button to answer. "Kyle-"

"Send her up." 

I rolled my eyes when the line cut off. "Seriously? I didn't even tell him."

"He's the owner of the goddamn building." Kyle chuckled. "He knows everything that comes in and goes out. Or maybe he just knows where you go in and go out."

"The latter one." I shook my head, getting up. "I'll see you later."

I punched in the button for the eightieth floor, and when the elevator doors opened I found myself staring into the most gorgeous pair of ocean blue eyes I'd ever seen in my life. Nicolas grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into his chest, crashing his lips on mine. I made a sound of surprise, clutching his blazer and moving my lips against his.

"I'm taking you out for the weekend." He murmured. "Just you and me. Away from the media. Away from everyone."

"Mm, I like the sound of that. Where are we going?" I asked as he tucked me to his side and walked us into his office. I gave Peter a smile on the way. Nico's office was the hugest office I'd ever seen. He liked showing off his wealth and power, and his office was specifically designed to do that. 

"You'll know eventually."

"Well, what should I pack?"

"Don't bother. You're not gonna be wearing any clothes as such." He said, giving a short chuckle when I slapped his arm.

"Tell me."

"We're going to a private beach. Even if you do manage to leave the bed, which I'll make sure you don't, you won't need clothes. But I asked Lydia to pack you a few swimsuits just in case." He lifted me up, settling me down on his desk. I widened my legs enough for him to step in as I pulled him closer by his tie, wrapping my legs around his torso.

We stood there just like that for a long while, neither of us speaking anything, just absorbing each other. Nicolas stroked my hair, then whispered in my ear, "Come on."