Chapter 25

Your POV

You were still making your decision when a soft knocking came at the door. Ivy still hadn't returned, so you cautiously made your way over to open it.

You cracked the door open an inch and then slammed it shut as soon as your brain registered the face standing behind it.

"Y/N, please. I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you like this. I didn't know what I was saying. I understand if you never want to see me again after this, but please just let me apologize to you," Yoongi said through the wooden barrier.

You swallowed and tilted your head back before releasing a sigh and inching open the door. Yoongi smiled at seeing you, but instantly dropped it as he took in your appearance and expression.

You turned and plopped down onto the living room couch, patiently waiting for him to give his long sentimental speech about how much he loved you and that he was oh so sorry and please just give him another chance.

You didn't expect him to offer you a single tiny flower.

You were taken aback for a second as he pulled his hand from behind his back to hold out a small glass jar with a purple dahlia sitting in the middle. Hesitantly, you reached for the flower and pulled it from his grasp.

"Y/N, nothing I can say will ever forgive the things I said to you. However, I don't take back anything I said. Everything I described you as is true and they are the reasons I love you," Yoongi started. You listened patiently, curious as to how he would continue.

"You do cry often, it's true. But it just shows how much you care. You're such an amazing, kind person and you care so much that it makes you cry and that's beautiful because it just shows how deeply you feel things and how much these things matter to you.

"You are stubborn, and it's perfect because it means that you truly believe in everything you stand for. It means that you don't go down without a fight because you are passionate and sure.

"And when I said you're high maintenance, you are in the best way. You know what you want and you don't settle for less. You deserve someone amazing, and you're constantly pushing me to be the best version of myself and I appreciate that so much. You need someone who is honest and respectful and that is what you have helped me become. You have shown me that I don't just live for myself and my group. I live for you too.

"And you are mute, it's true, but that's what makes you so special and dear to my heart. Because you don't just blurt things out. You think through your thoughts and makes every one of your words so meaningful. Because you don't say whatever. You make sure that every one of your words has depth and is important. Because though you don't say much, when you do say something, it's worth the wait.

"All of these characteristics make you such an amazing wonderful person and I will never ever deserve someone as good and pure as you. I love every part of you and I don't expect you to take me back, how I said what I said was unacceptable, but I want you to know that if you can find it in your heart to forgive me, I will always be here for you," Yoongi finished his speech and for several minutes you were unsure how to respond. Only one thought was circling through your mind through his whole speech.

"My sister is dead," you signed, finally. Yoongi blinked and his eyes widened in shock.

"Oh my god. Y/N, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. Are you okay? How are you feeling?" he asked, his brow furrowing in worry and comfort.

"I don't know. The bigger part is that the doctor said it's possible for her to donate her vocal cords and I can speak again," you signed, giving him the brief rundown of the day's events. "I was thinking about whether or not to accept the offer when you showed and gave your big speech and now I have even more to think about. It's all so much. And as much as I hate what you said to me before, all I need right now is my boyfriend to hold me and tell me it's okay," you answered as you started to tear up for what seemed like the fifth time that day.

"Y/N. I know I'm not your boyfriend anymore, but I am going to hold you right now because you have been through so much today and you deserve some comfort," Yoongi said, getting off the floor and sitting on the couch next to you.

He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you onto his lap before tucking your head into the crook of his neck and running his hands up and down your back. You had used to sit like this when you were dating, your bodies fitting perfectly together like jigsaw pieces, and the familiar feeling of warmth calmed you to the point where you almost felt like you could fall asleep. Yoongi whispered softly to you, telling you that you were going to be okay and other reassuring comments as you drifted off into your mind to think.

..................

You watched him push his hair away from his face and form a little quiff at the top of his head.

You watched his hand sleepily rub his eyes and then return to the laptop.

You watched him turn his head to catch you staring. Oh shoot. He caught you.

"Like what you see?" he asked with a smirk. You gave a wink in response and he gave you a gummy smile in return.

..................

..................

"I love you," he said. No, not said. Signed. Yoongi signed it to you.

..................

...............

You smushed your face into his chest and vigorously rubbed your nose into it. "What are you doing? Trying to dig a hole?" he asked, wrapping his arms around you. You just nodded and then lay still for a minute.

You sat back and stared at his face which was looking back at you. "Do you think we'll be together forever?" you signed.

"Of course. We're soulmates, remember?" he assured you, rubbing his hand up and down your back since he knew that was what you needed whenever you were stressed.

..................

...............

"Even if the stars disappear, I won't care because you are the only light I need," he promised.

...............

............

"Y/N, I won't leave unless you want me to." Reaching over to the coffee table, he plucked a purple dahlia from the flower pot. "You see this flower? This is us and as long as there are dahlias in the world we will be together."

...............

Eventually, your breathing slowed to a point where Yoongi felt comfortable loosening his hold and allowing you sit back.

"Did that help?" he asked softly. You nodded, grateful for his touch.

"Thank you, Yoongi. I think I know what I'm going to do. And even though it's going to take me a long time to forgive you, I'd like to give us a second chance," you offered. Yoongi's face lit up slightly and he gave you a small smile.

"I'd like that. And I promise that this time, I will be a hundred percent open with you and not force you into anything. I love you, and I am going the respect your choices that way I should have before," Yoongi swore, holding up his pinky. You hooked your little finger with his and then climbed off his lap. "Where are you going?"

"To the hospital. I'm going to give the doctor my final decision. Come with me? I could use the moral support," you answered. He immediately hopped off the couch and wrapped your hand in his before following you out the door.