Chapter 43 : Unspoken Theory & Resolution

*[Louis POV]*

"Haz.. Haz?" I whimpered slightly grabbing his hands. "Haz I'm sorry.. I.." "Mr. Tomlinson.. I need to talk to you.."  Dr. Connor called out from the threshold with quite a stern gaze on me. My mouth wanted to protest, and just simply stay by his side till he awoke.. "It's important." he added while staring at Harry's unconscious body with a nod. "Doc this better be important because I swear I'll--" "It's is.." he stopped me mid-sentence. His eyes never left mine, and I took a big sigh, while pecking Harry on his forehead letting it linger. "I'll be right back, I promise" I stated as I hopped off to follow the troublesome doctor.

*{Harry POV}*

"Haz I'm sorry.. I.." his voice disappeared from my hearing range. I wanted to wake up at the moment and tell him not to leave me, but he kissed my forehead saying that he'll be right back with sincerity on his voice. "Harry, you awake?" I heard Zayn's voice whisper close to proximity. My eyes blinked slightly, and my eyes snapped to where his voice originated from. "Uh no.. leave a message after the bee--" "HARRY!" Niall and Liam screamed on the top of their lungs while lunging themselves at my bed.

"Injured boy under!" I squealed while they captured me in for a hug. Zayn joined in lastly with a hint of smile on his face. "You literally worried us Haz.." he glared at me, but wiped it off in an instant. "Zayn was going to take your room but..--" "Harry." Louis beamed while opening the door and peeking in. My breath was caught on my throat, and the boys cleared the way in a second. "Boo.." I smiled while opening my arms out for him, allowing his small frame to come my way. "I thought I almost lost ya Haz, you know that?" he murmured fondly within my chest.

"I thought I was going to die.. so we're even." I teased while patting his chest as he sobbed a little before pulling away. "But you're okay now.. aren't you?" the smile never left his face as he perked up, and studied me for a second. I gave him a reassuring nod, and cup his face; pulling him in for a quick peck and letting go. "I told you didn't I.. It was poison!" I whined while sipping a cup of water. The boys looked at each other, and I raised an eyebrow at me. Louis looked at them as if they were having a conversations to themselves, and looked back at me again.

"Harry, it couldn't have been poison though.." Louis stared at me with no humour on his tone. "The boys and I felt fine afterwards.. Great even and we took the same amount as you... So it didn't make sense how you could.." he trailed off afterwards, staring blankly at me. "You mean.. it had something to do with me?" I half-gasped of this new in-take in information. All of them gave a curt nod, and looked away.

"But Lou, you know I felt fine afterwards... You knew as soon as I ate that cupcake, I felt sleepy afterwards.. Or rather weakened.. I don't know.." I buried my face in my hands. How could that have happened.. Was my immunity to such things weak? "Harry.." Louis took my hands away from my face. "You're not weak." he simply said with no traces of lie on his voice. "Yes I am Louis.. and.." I snapped my hands away from him. "For once can you please stop treating me like a fly or something? Cause It's starting to bother the shit out of me." I snapped not even recognizing my  own voice.

Louis sunk his head low, and nodded without even looking at me. I crossed my arms, and turned away as he left with a close of the door. "S'not his fault Haz, and you know it.." Liam looked at me with sympathy in his eyes. "Yeah.. and.." Niall chewed on his lips, trying to think of the right words to say. "You know he just wanted to protect you.. what I mean is.." " he doesn't want to lose you." Zayn finished Niall's sentence for him. I looked baffled by their words. "Loose me? LOOSE ME? What the hell do you mean by that? he doesn't want me to be lost in this world.. What in god's name are you guys trying to.." I paused in realization of what I was about to say.

He only wanted me to be safe.. He only wanted me to be alive.. was things echoing my head at the moment. The boys looked at me sympathetically. They knew that I already got the message, but they just simply kept silent on the idea. "He.. just wanted me to live?" I croaked knowing full well the heaviness of my own words. Again, they didn't respond.. just nodded. My heart throbbed knowing how much I literally slapped those words carelessly at Louis. He never deserved any of this.. He never deserved to get hurt.. He's been through so much in his life that pain was the last thing on his mind, and it pained me to even think so.

Louis loved me with all his heart.. and his life even. And I wasn't sure if I should be afraid or not... I felt a pang of jealousy and hatred towards myself.. I was so jealous that Louis can care for me than his own life.. I was jealous that they all got the strenght to fend for their loved ones, and I was boiling mad that I couldn't do the same. I couldn't save them.. even if they are in danger.. I felt useless.. Why did Louis even fall for a boy like me? Someone who could barely fend for himself and rely on others to cushion the blow.. What was there to love?

"Let's go." his gravelly tone echoed through the room. His eyes never met mine, but he stuck out his hands full of my clothing resiting on his forearm. I chewed on my bottom lip debating whether or not I should apologize for my idiocy or not.. and unsurprisingly.. I didn't.

~*~

*[Louis POV]*

I let Harry go infront of me so that I could tell Zayn that we wanted to be alone. The curly-headed boy winced but kept on his pace almost angrily. The lads eyed him knowingly, and I gave them an apologizing look while catching up my angry boyfriend. He came to a halt at the end of the pavement, and sat on the cold ground. His eyes never looked up which probably meant that he was waiting, so I didn't say a word, and opened the passenger seat for him to slide in, while I took the driver's side wordlessly.

The air felt tensed as soon as I revved the engine. He gaped at me for a few moments-- already noticing the boys were not on board.  "I told them that they'll just have to use Zayn's car to follow us with." I reassured him while opening the radio to feel the silence, and to my surprise, our single "What Makes You Beautiful" was playing on the radio, and my hands quickly fumbled with the buttons to put up the volume as Harry's part came along. Surprisingly, he sang along, and his eyes met mine. 

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, and when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell you don't know oh-oh, you don't know you're beautiful.. oh-oh.. that's what makes you beautiful." I literally felt swooned by his entrancing voice, and I swear all the background noises that was spat on the radio became suddenly muted as his green orbs once again worked it's magic, and I couldn't say a word.

"I love you.." he murmured while caressing my cheek. In contact, I felt myself flush, and responded with an I love you also not breaking eye-contact with the boy. Time seemed frozen at the moment, and his pink plump lips moved, but I couldn't get myself to hear my words clearly. "Do it Louis.." he urged.. I cocked my head to the side not knowing what he was asking for. " I want you to enhance me also."

__________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Okay.. I updated like everybody wanted.. geez.. The things I do for you people.. I swear.. Anyways.. It's starting to sound like Twilight now but a more sciencey version.. I know.. too cliche..But it will be alternated to a manlier version.. Minus the birth scene thingy at the end.. I'm still playing with the whole process to make it more real.. and yeah..  But the question for this chapter is.. will Louis let him do it? Dun, Dun, Dun!!~

~Cam xoxoxo