Bandaged

Hide's PoV:

Resting my hand on his head, I gently brushed it against his hair to provide comfort. I kiss Kaneki's temple a few times before slowly pulling away.

"Now that you're nice and fed... how about you help me bandage that thigh up?" I suggested, running my thumb over his mouth to wipe some of the blood away "and maybe clean your face too..."

Kaneki nods, standing up as he then looks down at me. He looked conflicted.

Kaneki's PoV:

I couldn't possibly leave Hide to walk to the bathroom alone... without help... his thigh has a chunk out of it, it'll probably be painful to walk on.

Leaning down, I scoop him up in my arms and rush to the bathroom, not wanting any blood to drip onto the floor as it will be hard to get out of the carpet. I nudge the bathroom door open and sat Hide on the side of the bath, kneeling in front of him as I quickly lick up any dripping blood and then grab a towel. I hold it under the tap, turning the water on to dampen it while rummaging to get some bandages.

Turning the tap off, I turn to face Hide. I sat on the floor, gently wiping the wound as I listen to Hide trying to keep in any whining or sobs. It probably stung. A lot. But there was nothing I could do to prevent that... all I could do was care for him... gently, I wrap him up. If I continue to feed from him he'll begin to look like a mummy...

Hide's PoV:

Lifting Kaneki's chin up, I stare into his eyes. They still looked as empathetic as they did when he was human. I couldn't imagine Kaneki ever changing...

Grabbing the damp towel, I wipe the blood off from around his mouth; then leaning over and kissing him.

"You take amazing care of me... you know that don't you? I'm glad you're home..." I caress his cheek.

Kaneki leans into my hand "I don't want to be anywhere else..."