𝟔𝟗

a/n: Char's outfit for the chapter is above!

Cute flashbacks ahead! Charlina, ahhh!!!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄━═☆

Charlotte ran a hand over her face, sighing. She didn't get much sleep last night, every time she closed her eyes, she could see Connor's face. For a few minutes there he really thought she would get him out...Charlotte shook her head, swinging her legs off the bed.

She looked above her at the wall clock, finding it to be still five in the morning. Charlotte got up and made her way to the kitchen after descending the stairs. She stood there for a few seconds, collecting her thoughts before putting the kettle on and turning to get her mug and make some coffee.

"Can't sleep?"

Charlotte's eyes widened, blinking before she turned around and there was no one. No that couldn't be Stefan or Damon playing tricks on her, not at five in the morning. The kettle beeped, making the brunette exhale sharply.

She poured the boiled water into her cup before putting the kettle back. Charlotte leaned over to get a spoon and gasped, seeing Connor leaning on the counter, "You know it makes sense; guilty conscience."

She shook her head at herself. That wasn't real, it couldn't be. It also helped that Connor waking up to taunt her wasn't the first time she could see someone she had killed trying to make her guilt worse.

Charlotte chose to ignore him, picking up her mug of coffee and walking around the counter. That wasn't real.

"Oh, so we are going to play that game?" He followed her and the brunette stopped, turning, "How do you know that I'm not here?"

She took in a deep breath, "Because you're...dead."

"Yes, I am," He nodded as Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows together, all the times she had imagined someone she killed weren't that real or...taunting, "But I assume that's not the first time that you've taken a human life? You have done it with such ease."

Charlotte took in his words...You have done it with such ease. Not the first time.

"You're a ghost," She stated, nodding to herself, "Ghosts are real. You are a ghost and you are trying to get back at me, yeah?"