Chapter Fifteen

Sophie has soon found out "training" was a code word for torture. They had ran, done push-ups, sit ups, crunches, and a million other things that Sophie didn't know the name of. She seemed to be the only one who didn't know what she was doing and helplessly flopped around.

She knew she needed this so she could go out and not be totally vulnerable with no clue of what to do if she would ever bump into other monster again. Just the thought of them made her want to back out of going outside and stay in this massion for the rest of her life, but she knew that they needed her. For navigating them to food and for reasons that they didn't know about.

Sophie tried to force these nauseating thoughts out of her head as her sore limbs were dragged to the target area.

"Okay, so here we basically just throw the life's at the target. It's okay if you can't get it on the first try, we still can't get it and we've been practicing with these for months." Fitz chuckled.

Biana and Keefe got straight to throw the life's at the targets while Fitz stayed with Sophie, teaching her the right was to hold it and how to properly throw it with out cutting herself.

"Put your arm back here and focus on the target.," Fitz guided her hand behind her shoulder gently, "Try to think of it as something you really hate, something that makes you angry."

Sophie looked at the target. It was about thirty five feet away. She focused on imagining something she hated. What did she hate? The monsters. Was her immediate thought. She imagined them, ripping apart her family, their screams and cries. She thought of how she would never be able to see them again, no more family dinners, no more walks on the beach, no more family trips, no more made up board games with Amy-

THUNK!

Sophie was snapped out of her daze to see her knife embedded in the center of the target.

Keefe whistled. "That was a good throw. Maybe you should be the one teaching us." He chuckled.

Sophie blushed as she picked up a new knife. "Must be beginners luck."

Sophie soon found that it wasn't beginners luck. Every knife she threw hit the target. Maybe not in the middle, but she always hit it. She wasn't sure why she was so good at throwing knifes and she wasn't sure if that's a skill she wanted to be good at, but it was necessary if they were to ever beat the monsters.

As she walked but in her room, she hopped straight into the shower. She only let the water run down her sweaty, exhausted body for a couple minutes before she washed her body and got out.

She changed into an orange sweatshirt with black pajama shorts. It was around the afternoon which meant lunch would be held soon.

Sophie sighed, trying to sort out all her problems. There were too many things she need to think about so she went in the hall and knocked on Fitz door, right across from hers.

He opened it with wet hair and a towel around his neck. "Oh, hey Sophie. Do you need anything?"

"Um yeah, I was wondering if you had any paper and pencils?"

"Yeah, of course. There's some in my dads office. I'll get some for you."

Sophie followed him to Aldens office where her open the door and went to his desk. Sophie looked around the room. There was many paintings hanging on the walls but other than that, it seemed like a pretty basic office.

Fitz grabbed some sheets of paper and a pen off the desk and handed it to Sophie. She thanked him before walking back to her room.

She sat down at her desk and immediately began writing down every question she had.