Season 3 ~ Spycraft

"The week is long, the silver cat feeds, when blue meets yellow in the west."

The three of us stand in front of the whiteboard staring at the code, trying to figure out what the hell it meant.

"I mean," Steve sighs, pulling down the front gate as he closes Scoops for the night. "it just... it just can't be right."

"It's right." I say as Steve slips his hand into mine, intertwining our fingers while we trail behind Dustin and Robin.

"Honestly," Dustin pipes up. "I think it's great news."

"How is this great news?" Steve retorts, rolling his eyes. "I mean, so much for being American heroes. It's total nonsense."

"It's not nonsense." Dustin says, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "It's too specific. It's obviously a code."

"What do you mean, a code?" Steve asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Like a super secret spy code." I smile, looking up at him.

"That's a total stretch." Steve scoffs, looking down at the floor.

"I don't know," Robin shrugs, looking back between Steve and I. "is it?"

"You're buying into this too?" Steve asks, shocked that both Robin and I were believing Dustin.

"Listen," Robin says, trying to reason with Steve. "just for kicks, let's entertain the possibility that it is a secret Russian transmission. What'd you think they were going to say, 'Fire the warhead at noon?'"

"Exactly." Dustin nods.

"And my translation is correct." Robin continues. "I know that for sure, so... 'The silver cat feeds.' Why would anyone talk like that unless they were trying to mask the true meaning of their message."

"Exactly." Dustin nods, pursing his lips as he looks over at Steve.

"Why would anyone want to mask the true meaning of their message unless the message was somehow sensitive." I shrug, looking between Dustin and Robin.

"Exactly." Dustin raised his eyebrows as Steve mocks them, earning a light slap in the arm from me.

"So I guess that confirms your suspicion." Robin nods, a smile growing on her face.

"Evil Russians." Dustin says simply.

"I can't believe i'm about to agree with this strange child, but," Robin nods, looking between Steve and I. "yeah, totally evil Russians."

"So how do we crack it?" Dustin asks as I feel Steve's hand slip out of mine, not thinking too much about it, I continue walking behind my brother and my friend.

"Well," I shrug, causing Dustin and Robin to face me. "I guess we translate the rest and hopefully a pattern emerges."

"A pattern." Dustin nods. "Right, like maybe 'silver cat' is a meeting place?"

"Or a person." Robin smirks.

"Or a weapon." I nod, pointing between the two in front of me.

"It's probably going to take a super genius to crack it, but..." Robin says, her voice trailing off as she turns around, looking around. "Where's Steve?"

Turning around, we face Steve, seeing him stand by the Indiana Flyer, rummaging through his pockets as I narrow my eyebrows at him, trying to understand what he was doing.

"Hey, Steve." I call out as coins fly out of his pockets, clattering on the floor below him. "What are you doing?"

"Uh, it's a quarter." He mumbled, sorting through the coins that rested in the palm of his hand. "I need—Do you have a quarter?"