e i g h t

no one pov

"h-hi jungkook!"

taehyung said, waving his free hand at the older who was sitting at their usual lunch table. the boys other hand holding his lunch box by the handle at the top.

jungkook quickly glanced at the younger at his greeting. his eyes then landing on his food again. mumbling a small "hey." as the younger sat down. it was weird for him to finally hear taehyungs voice after the weekend. which seemed to be so silent without his loud personality.

"how was your weekend?" taehyung asked, zipping his lunch box open. "good." jungkook said. there was a pause of silence, taehyung waiting for jungkook to say more. but he didnt. so taehyung asked some more.

"what did you do?" taehyung asked, his eyes focused on the ravenettes sharp yet soft facial features.

"i just stayed at home." jungkook said. taehyung nodded. "oh! thats cool." taehyung said, jungkook hummed softly.

taehyung then waited again, for jungkook to say something. or to ask how his weekend was. but after a few minutes, taehyung lost faith and decided he would just say it anyways.

but as he was about to talk, he heard the faint mumble from jungkook.

"..what about you?"

though a simple question, taehyung felt a weird overwhelming feeling inside him. he liked the olders voice. especially when it was directed at him.

jungkook on the other hand seemed to be having an internal panic attack from asking a simple question. on top of that, he could catch a glimpse of taehyungs boxy smile after he asked his question.

the boy had to force himself not to look at it.

what did he call it back at the park last week?

oh yeah..

cute.

"o-oh. well on saturday i helped my mom with the chores. there was a alot. and i hate cleaning. but doing the dishes are fun! anyways, i did that most of saturday. and on sunday i went to see jiminie and hobi hyung. we didnt do much. other than watch some movies. oh! and hobi hyung taught me how to make friendship bracelets! it was really fn. but im not very good at it. i dropped the whole bag of beads on his carpet and it took forever to clean them all up-"

taehyung finally paused when he saw jungkook staring at him. the younger blushed, realizing he hadnt even taken a breath through his whole explanation. quickly, the boy took in a breath so he wouldnt pass out.

"sorry.." he whispered. he knew he had a tendency to start rambling and going off on a tangent. 

jungkook grumbled softly, but taehyung didnt hear it. starting to eat his tangerine, taehyung soon changed the topic. his brain moving too fast for his mouth, as usual.

"so. are you walking to the park with me after school?"

taehyung asked, his eyes subconsciously dilating as he looked at the older. jungkook looked at the dirty blond boy. "sure." he said.

taehyung felt happy at his answer. excitedly munching away at his tangerine, bouncing slightly in his seat.