Ch 287: Lord Of Karlan Part 1

For Mephisto, this is his nightmare becoming a reality. Even though the person in front of him doesn't have the worn-out robe, carrying a mutilated corpse, wearing a weird mask of a child, and carrying rusty scissors. He was terrified, just as he had been in his dreams.

He kept telling himself over and over that it was all a dream, and that a dream could never become a reality. He assured himself that when he wakes up, it will all be over.

He hasn't slept much this week, not more than ten hours, and his mental state is very unstable. That's why, at such an important time as tonight, he was just giving instructions rather than doing it himself.

Everything came crashing down when Lin Ye shouted those words.

The image of the tall man and Lin Ye merged in and out of existence, merging, dissolving. He stared at Lin Ye, with bloodshot eyes,

"You bastard! I'll kill you!" Mephisto says as he clutches the spouting wound with his hand.

Lin Ye sneers.

He has no idea how he did that move before. Maple appeared to have absorbed Liz's ability and increased the size of the "Sanctuary," effectively rendering the casters brought by Mephisto ineffective.

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. He must seize the opportunity to at least eliminate all of the enemies in the house before the second wave ends. He needs to move quickly.

The downside of that, when the boost from the Holy Bell and Wave Leaping Strike wears off, the double backlash could put Lin Ye's mental and physical health in jeopardy.

Come on!

However, the members of the Yeti Squad are also very experienced on battlefields.

When they realised they couldn't use spells, they changed their strategy immediately. They jumped into action with their melee weapons.

Lin Ye's double blessing gives him far superior speed and strength to all of them. And his weapon is far superior to the two casters'.

He hacked and slashed, severing limbs from bodies, heads from necks. He cut through their defences like a hot knife through butter. The blood of the casters splattered all over Lin Ye's face and clothes.

Mephisto crawls backwards and hastily gets up in an attempt to flee.

Oh no you don't!

He immediately chases after him, but Mephisto raises his hand, sputtering, "It-it's not over yet!"

The two corpses began to move again, even though their bodies had been cut into pieces, they reassembled themselves and grabbed Lin Ye's legs from left to right.

Lin Ye is taken aback and exclaims, "What the fuck!"

Mephisto had already made it outside while he was stunned.

Mephisto's left arm is the only thing that was left behind.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Faust racks his head for a plan.

He originally wanted to be patient and slowly wait for Lappland to become tired. Even if she's aggressive, she's still injured. She can't keep it up for long. She would eventually exhaust herself and the time to strike would arrive.

A force field envelops them, and he is now within it. And it appears to have a unique skill.

Faust's ability vanished into thin air. Faust was oblivious to the reason.

Frostnova and Talulah were the only people he knew who could perform such powerful feats. Aside from them, this was the most powerful area of effect skill he had ever encountered.

But what really shook him was the sudden scream coming from his headset.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!"

Distracted by it, a large piece of his shoulder is torn asunder.

He grunts, grits his teeth, and retreats away from the Lupo.

He's running out of time.

Lappland rushed towards him while he was trying to recover.

As a last resort, he's forced to fight against Lappland head-on using an arrow as a melee weapon.

With Lappland being this close and his arm being injured, he has the disadvantage here.

They started their Clash, with Lappland clearly winning, having the superiority at her close-quarter advantage. Faust tried to go for a stab but was easily evaded by Lappland as she went for another attack.

He raises his head and faces a pair of murderous eyes.

At this moment, Faust only feels that he is not facing a Lupo, but a ferocious wolf.

However, he did not intend to sit still and let himself die. When Lappland was about to end him, he threw a black stone from his pocket. It was an Originium. It explodes directly after landing on her face, and the smoke from the explosion engulfed him and Lappland in an instant.

Then, he uses the last of his strength to escape.

Faust can't remember when was the last time he used it. Ever since he learned and mastered his camouflage, no one has been able to push him to this point.

Thoughts raced through his mind on what had happened to Mephisto.

The only thing he knows is that this time, their mission had failed, and they cannot get anything from Enciodas now. And it is very likely that he will lose his life now. He was able to escape by only pure luck.

How will he face Talulah and Frostnova after this?

Faust runs to the back mountain of SilverAsh's house. When he was sure that Lappland could not catch him, he stopped and tried to contact Mephisto.

His peripheral vision catches a glimpse of a figure on the back mountain. He raises his head in that direction, and after recognizing the other person, his eyes widened.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

The tribal meeting was held outside of Kjerag's main city.

Galvin Aiben is unsettled.

He was fully prepared, but his heart was racing, making him restless, and he could only wander around the lounge to try to calm himself down.

Until his servant came to remind him that the representative of the SilverAsh family had arrived.

When he arrived, he knew he had to attend the meeting on behalf of the Aiben family, so he took a deep breath and worked hard to relax. But his calm demeanour lasted only until he entered the meeting place and saw the SilverAsh representative. He stopped in his tracks, looking at the representative.

He was completely stunned because the person sitting at the SilverAsh seat was a complete stranger.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly & Lenkasashi

Edit by Jaq