Chapter 18

Author's POV

Monday came in a bliss. It felt as if Saturday and Sunday were just a dream to Seoyeon, who is now being bothered from her dreamland, by her alarm clock. The dried saliva on the sides on her lips were evident, breath stinking from drinking soju last night. Her hair is as messy as a bird's nest, frizzy and tangled. She groaned as she reached her hand to put halt on her alarm as she roll over her bed.

"Why can't I just sleep all day?" She whined sleepily, yawning a little afterwards.

She then rubbed her eyes, flickering her lids as she slowly open them. The ray of sun shining through her glass window, bringing warmth to her body. Staring at the ceiling, she never forgot to re-think everything, especially her life decisions. She regrets some, but not all.

"I should've took culinary classes instead of business matters." She sighed, but immediately covered her nose at the smell of her stinky breath.

Disgusting, isn't it? But what can she do? It's a natural thing, as if she's the only human on earth.

After doing nothing for almost ten minutes, she finally decided to start her day by doing some stretching. Taking a bath afterwards, she then checked her closet to look for something nice to wear. To be honest, she doesn't have much clothes for work but she does her best to wear them differently everyday. For now, she chose her peach, silk blouse and brown, pencil skirt. Adding a little bit of make-up, just to enhance her appearance and of course, to look presentable.

"You look beautiful, Seoyeon." She cheered to herself as she stare at her reflection on the mirror of her vanity table.

She does that every morning to boost her seratonin before facing the very cause of her agonies and stress. None other than Namjoon, of course, but she is glad that things are quite different now. But she sometimes say to herself that she's not much comfortable when Namjoon is being kind whenever he speaks to her. It felt oddly awkward, maybe because for the four years of her service as his secretary, this is the first time she was treated kindly.

Following the said action, she now stood up and headed towards the kitchen to cook breakfast for her and Eunhye. Since they both have work, she cooks Western breakfasts because they're easier to do. Seoyeon now prepared four slices of bread to toast while the pan is being heated with low heat. Spreading the butter evenly on the surface of the bread, she sprinkled a little bit of salt and sugar as the pan starts to heat up. While the breads are being toasted, she took six eggs and scrambled them before slicing the mushrooms and scallions, adding them later on with the mixture with some cheese. Now that the breads are toasted, she placed them aside, equally on two separate plate, and started to cook her own version of cheesy omelet.

It didn't took long for Eunhye to attend Seoyeon's cooking show at the kitchen. She was right in time when Seoyeon was already placing the omelet and toasts on the table. For the past years of living with Seoyeon, Eunhye never complained for breakfast because of how delicious Seoyeon's dishes are. She honestly see potential for Seoyeon in the food industry.

"Oh my!" Eunhye sobbed in delight as she took a bite of Seoyeon's omelet. "Fudge, you never failed to make me happy every breakfast. Your omelet is really the best!" She hyped to Seoyeon, who is chuckling at how silly Eunhye is.

"I'm glad you liked it! I will make you a snack for your early break. Make sure to eat it, eonnie." Seoyeon informed while Eunhye nodded happily at her as she munch the toasts.

"You know, your future family will be blessed to have a great cook in the house. I can already imagine your husband and children, hyping your dishes more than the way I do now." Eunhye babbled, making Seoyeon blush as she smile softly, hiding her face while slicing the toast.