Ring {Loki x Reader}

Third Person P.O.V.

Loki looked at the sleeping form of his girlfriend in front of him. He loved (Y/n). More then anything. So much so, he sometimes found it hard to say the right thing. She still made him nervous because he found her so...perfect. It was hard to keep up. Still, he wanted her by his side forever. He knew he wanted to say all that, but he could never get it out. He rolled over to the night stand, finding the ring he had gotten for her. It was to his understanding that a ring was a proper custom of commitment on Earth, and when giving it to someone, you're supposed to say the right words and hope they say yes because of them.

Loki was no good at that part. He made have a silver tongue, and although it had many great uses, articulating his love for (Y/n) was a skill he lacked. It angered him to know end, and so there was only one idea left. Loki slipped the ring on her finger, carefully to not wake her up even though he knew Natasha could shoot up the place and it still wouldn't wake (Y/n). He placed his hand on her cheek lovingly, his lips curling into a soft smile. He kissed her forehead softly, and got out of bed. His heart was pounding in fear, but it was too late for him to back out now.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I started becoming aware of my surroundings without opening my eyes, so I guess that means I'm awake. I really don't want to be, I'm so comfortable here in bed with my lovely boyfrie-

I stretch my arms out to the other side of the bed and realize there's something missing. I finally open my eyes to see the empty mattress. I frown a little. "Loki, where'd you go?" I call out the open bedroom door. He doesn't answer, but it doesn't concern me. I climb out of bed, tossing on one of Loki's shirts. He's neater then I am, so all of his clothing is hung up in the closet, but it's worth the trip in the name of comfort. I stop in front of the vanity before I leave the room, and run my fingers through my hair a bit. I stop when I notice something shiny of my left hand.

I look down. It is what I thought I saw. A ring. And engagement ring? Is this how he decided to propose? "Loki!" I scream in shock. I guess that sounded too much like I'm dying because he burst into the room, looking worried. "What is it? Are you hurt? What happened?" I hold up my hand to him, smiling wide and tearing up. "Is this what I think it is?" He seems nervous. Or as nervous as he would ever show. He takes my hand, and gets down on one knee. "Marry me?" It may be all he says, but it's enough for me. "Yes! Loki, I will marry you!" I exclaim, pulling him up to kiss him over and over in excitement. "Oh, Loki, I love you so much!" He smiles, the soft one reserved just for me. "I love you, Darling."