lvii

Mature content, viewer discretion advised.

Just as Madeleine had said, the twenty-eighth she had to leave for what was supposed to be a ten day trip first to France and then to Spain by Scrimgeour's orders. Fred accompanied her to the Ministry despite her insisting that it wasn't necessary but after what happened in the Department of Mysteries the redhead had become too overprotective of her. The only other person that would attend the trip with her was no other than Percy, who was not at all happy to spend the following days with the blonde.

"You'll write everyday?" Fred asked as they stood in the Atrium, Percy a couple of feet away waiting with the portkey in hand.

"I will," she said softly and stood on her tiptoes to whisper something in his ear. "I'll send you pictures as soon as I can."

"Can't wait love, I'm gonna miss you," he cupped her cheek and pushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Madeleine can you hurry up with your goodbyes? I don't want to be late, it will seem incredibly impolite and will show a bad image not only for us but also to the Ministry," Percy said in a pompous manner not daring to spare his brother a single glance.

"He's such a prat," Fred huffed, "I just wanna beat some sense into him."

"Well you can't beat your brother up in the middle of the Ministry Freddie," she chuckled softly and pressed a tender kiss on his cheek. "I need to go now, be safe and don't do stupid things alright."

"It's you who I should be saying that to," he shook his head, "bye love, be safe please."

When Fred disapparated from the Ministry, she couldn't help but feel sad about the fact the she wouldn't see him for ten days and was stuck with boring Percy instead but it had to be done. The two of them touched the portkey and a moment later they had landed in an alleyway in Paris. It was the first time in three years that she had been in the city and her heart fluttered with excitement just as her mind flooded with memories.

"Where do we go from here?" Percy asked dusting his robes.

"To the hotel so that you can change because I'm not letting you walk around wearing wizard clothes around the city," she rolled her eyes and extended her arm to him so that they could apparate. Percy hesitantly took her arm and a second later they were in a different alley, behind the hotel where they would stay for five days before moving to Madrid.

When they were not in meetings with the French officials, all who were very fond of Madeleine considering that they had worked many years with her father and even more for her grandfather, the blonde had taken the mission of showing Percy around the city and trying to befriend him. The third Weasley son was not bad at all, he was polite, perhaps way too formal at times but she noticed how his ambition, pomposity and arrogance got the best of him at times.

Luckily for both Madeleine and Percy, their trip was cut short since the Spanish Minister had to attend urgent business in Belgium so after five days they were allowed to return home. Harry and Clo had been staying at the Burrow for a while so instead of heading to her flat she decided to surprise Fred.

"Hey when did Maddie get here?" the older twin asked as he came out of the office to the main part of the shop before opening.

"What do you mean, she's not here," replied Verity who was picking up some pink heart-shaped bottles from the floor.

"She totally is I could smell her from the office," he said.

"Fred that's not Maddie," George snickered from behind the register, "that dear brother is amortentia the most powerful love-"