Chapter 3 - Linshui

Jing City's Meng Family was one of the top big families in the local community. Although recent generations had begun to engage in politics and business, their scholarly temperament remained in their bones.

Song Yu's grandmother had been a standard Jiangnan beauty when she was younger. Even though she'd grown old, her delicate gentleness hadn't lessened at all. Her pale hair was neatly combed back and she was currently standing at the carved iron gate on tiptoe, looking towards the other end of the road nervously and expectantly .

Song Yu got out of the car.

Warm light illuminated the youth's pale face.

Grandma Meng's eyes reddened when she saw him and she rubbed at the corners of her eyes, "Yuyu has grown up. Grandmother couldn't recognize you for a moment."

Song Yu smiled slightly, supporting her as they walked, "Grandma must have waited a long time. The wind is strong outside, let's go in first."

Grandma Meng's eyes were still red as she smiled. She patted the back of his hand and spoke softly, "It wasn't a long wait, and it's fine now that you're here."

Song Yu saw many people inside when they walked in. They were all from the Meng Family, and most of them were from the younger generations. All of his older and younger cousins had been gathered together.

They all got up to welcome him warmly when they saw him come in. It was just that the gazes they used to look at him weren't very pure.

Song Yu clearly understood their purpose. It was likely that they were all obeying their parents and had come to try and establish a relationship with him due to A City's Song Family's renown.

"These are all your cousins, and we're all one family. In the future, if there's anywhere in Jing City that you want to go to, you can look for them. They're more familiar with the city than you are."

Grandma Meng introduced them one by one. Her purpose was very simple; she was afraid that Song Yu would be lonely after coming to Jing City for the first time and wanted him to know more people who were around his age.

But Song Yu wasn't interested in them.

Song Yu's family situation in his original world wasn't bad, and he could handle this kind of situation with ease. His smile was well behaved and polite, but his attitude was cold and indifferent.

After settling down, the family had a quiet meal together.

Grandma Meng was a well-bred lady from a good family. Her family had been strict when she was young, and she still kept with the tradition of not holding conversation while eating. She didn't speak, and the younger generations in the family naturally wouldn't dare to act presumptuously. Although their gazes were anxious enough to poke holes in Song Yu's body, they didn't try to start a conversation without permission.

For Song Yu, this was actually a good thing.

After he finished eating, he used the excuse of being tired from sitting in the car for a long time and went upstairs to wash up and go to bed.

He left the group of people with complex and gloomy expressions behind at the table who wanted to talk, but didn't know what to say.

After taking a bath and drying his hair, Song Yu splayed himself out on the bed.

There was a faint fragrance of jasmine on the quilt and pillows. The air in Jing City was fresher than in A City. Grandma Meng had planted many flowers in the garden, and the evening breeze was gentle, making the atmosphere seem particularly peaceful.