20: 𝖺𝗇𝗇𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌𝖺𝗋𝗒 𝖽𝗂𝗌𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋.

❥❥❥

𝗑𝗑. 𝖺𝗇𝗇𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌𝖺𝗋𝗒 𝖽𝗂𝗌𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋.

"You three can accuse me all you want, but I've never done anything to your poor best friend."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was the night before their anniversary of 'getting together' and all Harry could think about was-

"What the actual fuck am I supposed to get her?"

It was around eleven in the evening and almost everyone in the Gryffindor Common Room was asleep -- well, everyone except the five students who were currently seated around the fireplace.

Ron and Neville, who had been dragged out of their dorm room by Harry just as they were about to fall into a deep and peaceful sleep, were too tired to even give a care in what the boy had to say about his love life. On the other hand, Ginny and Hermione were still fully awake despite the busy day that they had just encountered; Ginny with Quidditch practices, and Hermione with her usual studying.

"Harry, you fucking dumbass," Ron yawned, head resting on Hermione's shoulder. "You could've asked us this earlier in the morning instead of fucking dragging us out of bed!"

As his best friend was about to reply, the portrait had swung open, revealing three familiar Slytherins, one had an excited expression on her face as she skipped towards the sofa whilst the other two followed her with a look on their faces that said they would rather be anywhere else but here.

"Listen here, Potter," Draco scoffed, snatching Ron's blanket before taking a seat beside Daphne. "You better have a good reason on why we're here because now my fucking beauty sleep is ruined."

"Fucking drama queen," Ron muttered.

"I heard that, Weasley."

"Wow, well done then - want a fucking cookie or something?"

Harry let out an exhausted sigh, picking up a pillow from the couch near him and throwing it to the two. "I knew it was a bad idea to put the two of you in the same room." He shook his head before going back to his question. "So what am I supposed to get Y/n for our anniversary?"

"Why are anniversaries such big deals? Just- mmph!"

"That'll shut you up," said Daphne, keeping her hand over Draco's mouth. "If you try to lick my hand, I swear to Merlin, I will superglue your mouth shut."

The five Gryffindors, including Blaise, all looked at each other and they knew that they were never going to get anything done by the next morning.

"Where's Cho when you need her?" Harry sighed.

⚡︎⚯⚡︎

"Aren't you supposed to be in your special dorm room?"

Y/n mentally groaned at the familiar voice of the boy she had to deal with ever since seventh year had started. Forcing a smile on her face, she turned around and saw him leaning against the stone wall with his hands in his pockets.

"Well, I came back here to pick something up," she answered him, looking back down at the box in her hands, which had been wrapped in a beautiful royal green paper - topped off with a silk, silver bow. "Why are you still up?"

Chester shrugged from behind her. "Couldn't sleep, I guess." As he looked around the Common room, his eyes landed on a glass of water on the table - which he had assumed to be Y/n's.