The Ski Trip

Today, we take on a different scene.

As of now, the weather in the mountains was snowy, a cold humid atmosphere where students and adults wore thick coating of clothing to keep them warm.

Even if the sun beamed brightly, it wasn't enough for the visitors near a small hot spring hotel.

And while the day gave off such a beautiful setting, laughs and screams of wholesome skiers and snowboarders alike were hanging out or were gliding down the snowy mountain. The wind presses against them when they speed up as they either fall to the ground with laughter or spray some snow in the air when they come to a complete halt.

Everyone was having fun, even if there were some people who just stood around and watched customers and patrons laughed, socialize, and getting together in general.

Like Naoto and his two buddies for example as they stood at the top of a beginners course, watching most of their classmates either strive or eat it in the middle of the track.

"Look at us... We are so pathetic..."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean look at us! Second years and we are still stuck on the first course!"

"It's not like everyone is good at something else..."

"Naoto, look! Those four girls are sledding down the mountain like fucking pros while the second years like us are eating shit at the easiest course there is!"

"And? What are we going to accomplish if we do better?"

"...You got a good point..."

The three then stood in silence as they watch all of their classmates, senpais, and kouhais ski through the courses, either leaning on their sticks or standing still on their boards.

Then one of them speaks up. "So why are we here again?"

"Ugh, probably BECAUSE..." the three turned around to see their fourth friend of the group, mainly Naoto's as he had a snowboard strapped on to one of his feet.

"The TEACHERS... ran out of... IDEAS... on a fucking... TRIP!" He grunts through every step with the snowboard as he had his hands on his knees, panting hard as he sees Naoto. "Sup, Naoto?"

"Hey, Y/n... You okay?" He asks as he was met with a hand waving him off. "Yeah... I can't even walk with this snowboard when it's snapped on to one of my feet..."

The trio looks down at his feet, Y/n goes to tie on his other foot in now that he's here. "Why not just carry it around like a normal person?" One of Naoto's friends asked as Y/n shrugged and sighed. "The straps on this thing is so fucking complicated... It's like a puzzle before you have fun..." he says as it took him nearly three minutes to get strapped on, he hops around and stood by Naoto.

They continue to gaze at the scene in front of them a bit. It was cold, the sun made it a little better by beaming into their exposed faces while they simply just stood by.

"So..." One of Naoto's friend turns to Y/n. "You wanna try the mountain out first?"

Y/n gives him a small nod. "Sure... I mean I was looking forward to this more than you three so I'll just take the first turn." He replied as he adjust his angle to where he would slide down inevitably and start to pick up some speed.

It would only take a few seconds before Y/n starts to wobble out of control and then... "WAH!"

Thud!

The sound of him falling in the snow was distant, Naoto and his friends winced back at the nasty yet slow fall as they see him lying on the ground. "You think he's alright?"