Ch. 40

Key's POV

Feeling around next to me I realized Tiara wasn't next to me in the bed anymore, so I got up. I went down the hallway getting ready to look in AK's room to see if he was up yet, but I heard Tiara talking to him in the living room.

" Come on stink you can do it. Just walk towards me." Tiara said making stand up on his own trying to get him to walk.

I instantly picked my son up from where he was standing as a frown quickly took over my face.

" Bruh, what the fuck is wrong withchu?"

" Why would you do that?" She asked with a frown on her face as well.

" No, why would you do that! Why would you get him to try to walk when you know what typa situation Cali in?" I said in disbelief.

" Baby, I was just trying to teach him how to stand on his own. I didn't mean any harm by it."

I shook my head as I walked to put AK in his playpen fence that had all his toys, balls, and a slide in it. I walked passed her, and walked to the kitchen.

" Tiara, you can teach him anything else, and I wouldn't care. Hell, teach him how to count or some shit."

" I don't get what's the problem. He's already pulling himself up on stuff, and standing up on his own. He bound to walk sooner or later. I'm sure Cali wouldn't mind." She said as she followed behind me right on my tail.

" Before Cali had a wreck she was teaching him how to walk, and he haven't did it yet. So, why would you even take it upon yo self to do that? That shit insensitive as fuck."

" You're literally doing the most right now. It's not that big of a deal." Tiara said trying to wave me off.

" If I ask you not to do some Tiara, then just don't do it. What I say bout AK goes cause that's my seed. If you gone be with me you gotta learn how to respect the way me and Cali choose to raise him. Simple as that. Cause you overstepping yo boundaries right now." I said truthfully.

" I know your his dad, and I never once said anything negative about the way y'all raising him. I took the time off to help you. I've been helping like a girlfriend suppose to do. I'm helping you take care of him while Caliana in the hospital right now, but I'm overstepping my boundaries now. Wow." Tiara scoffed as she rolled her eyes.

I looked at Tiara like she was crazy, " Hell you insisted on coming down here. Ian ask you to come down here. Cause I know how to take care of my son by myself. Yeen neva gave him a bath before, yeen neva been up during the nights when he was sick, you ain't neva been to a doctor's appointment. You ain't neva put a dollar in his trust fund. Hell, you ain't neva bought my son formula, clothes, diapers, wipes, a toy, or nun. So, chill out on all that shit talking bout you help me take care of him. Only people who can say they help us is our family and friends. And hell that's whenever they feel like it, cause me and Cali do a damn great job without help from anybody. And I'm not finna argue withchu in front of my son, so either dead the shit or you can leave." I said shrugging my shoulders.

" You know I didn't mean it like that. You and Caliana are great parents, and I can never take that from y'all. I'm just saying I'm doing this outta the kindness of my heart, and because of how much I care about you. In no way shape or form, am I trying to throw it in your face. I just want you to realize I'm here to help because I genuinely do care. So, I apologize, if you took what I said the wrong way. I meant no harm by it. But you're right, let's not argue in front of him." She said sincerely.

I was over the whole situation honestly.

" I hear you Tiara." I said dryly.

" I was finna start cooking breakfast, but I didn't know if y'all feed AK table food or not." Tiara said trying to change the mood.