9.11

"Jackson Avery really has a bigger say than all of us in running this hospital?" Arizona questioned, sitting with the group in a meeting room

"Jackson Avery really has a bigger say than all of us in running this hospital?" Arizona questioned, sitting with the group in a meeting room. Helena went through the paperwork in her hands, Mark seating by her.

"That can't be true, can it?" Cristina scoffed, seating down too.

"Well, he's a voting member of the management team and he also represents the Harper Avery foundation." Derek shrugged.

"And their 175 million bucks." Callie added.

"As opposed to our 15 million a piece." Arizona added.

"Stan says that he not only has the deciding vote, but he can veto ours." Mark informed, scoffing. "I raised the kid, and now he's practically my boss?"

"That is ridiculous. He's a fellow." Cristina let out.

"So are we." Helena shrugged.

"But he's a plastics fellow. And we're us." The woman answered.

"Hey, excuse you, plastics is hardcore." Mark let out, a bit offended.

"Sure it is, querido." Helena placed her hand on top of his. "Look, let's not overreact, before we even see how it goes."

"Yeah, I mean, it's Jackson. He's not some corporate stranger, he's one of us." Meredith agreed.

"No, you're right." Derek nodded. "He's a smart kid, he's gonna follow our lead."

"No, no. We made this plan." Callie shook her head. "We pulled it together. Look, I'm grateful to Harper Avery for an infusion of cash, but I'm not gonna let some... some..."

"Plastics fellow?" Cristina suggested.

"Hey!" Mark let out, once more.

"Plastics fellow, tell me how to run my service cause his mommy said he could." Callie agreed.

"That is true, I mean, in our residency Jacks sucked at peds and neonatal. He shouldn't dictate how it goes. Especially when this fell into his lap, l-like some sort of- of Boy King..." Helena muttered, shrugging.

"Preach." Arizona let out.

"But let's be nice. I'm guessing he wasn't expecting this either, it's not on him, it's on Catherine." She suggested. "Catherine practically threw him to the wolves here. I'm sure Jacks will just try to make the best of it."

——

"So we're agreed that the peds and adult ERs will be combined to save personnel?" Arizona questioned, everyone agreeing.

"I'm sorry, guys." Jackson barged into the room. "I was running on time, and then my last rounds' patient turned into a crier."

He opened a box of donuts, the room falling into silence. Then, as a sort of olive branch, Helena smiled softly at her friend, the only one reaching to take one.